Magic disappearing fire

(Mustang) #1

//youtu.be/0OV-fApKU24

(PixelTwitch) #2

I feel; that in general Stoker is not usable due to his very low damage vs EV, no damage vs Gens and very unreliable nature of his Molotovs.

Seriously, feels like around 1/4 - 1/3 of my molotovs do exactly what yours just did.

(Apples) #3

it touched the corner so no problem there, but no flame at all…

(fubar) #4

Since we’re on the topic: Fire doesn’t work inside and around that train cart, AT ALL. Even if you manage to get a perfect “spread”, it doesn’t damage anyone inside the cart/objective.

(alphabeta) #5

Not true; I have defended many an inside train plant with Molotov’s.

(zivs) #6

I can agree on that that Molotov’s nature in it’s current iteration is very unreliable due to the fact it sometimes spreads quite weirdly and occasionally disappears right after throwing it out (this also happens sometimes when you die just the moment you’ve released it out of hands).

But yeah when you bring this up, Molotov sometimes tends to randomly disappear even after fully throwing it in tricky places where it can possibly touch some random corners. It feels like sometimes the fire goes behind the wall or under the floor for some reason, not on the surface it landed and where it should be. Doesn’t happen that frequently and usually when it happens, I don’t see it happening or just don’t pay much attention to that.

(fubar) #7

Direct hits/splash reaching in on most outer edges most likely.

See https://youtu.be/cJImOVFoeaU?t=4m5s

(alphabeta) #8

What is that music in the video? LOL.

(fubar) #9

It’s adeto, he’s dutch. They’re weird like that.

(Rémy Cabresin) #10

I always have random radio stations when playing(unless cups). :smiley: Usually classic rock/blues rock but dunno what was going on this particular day.

(Kl3ppy) #11

There are several issues with the molotov. Unfortunately I dont have a vid :frowning:

(AssortedStuff) #12

Had that same thing happen to me: I got killed straight after throwing the molotov and the fire just disappeared.
Could have to do with place of impact but it sure looks like our own death plays a part in the bug.

(FireWorks) #13

Theres also “possibly intended” places like the pipes to the roof of Underground first. You hit them and the napalm drips down into the “lower construction” (lack for a better term) without any effect to the gameplay.