MM aka queue simulator

(BomBaKlaK) #1

So I’m curious how many players are playing MM every day ?
Do you have any stats about this ? Cause it’s totally boring to wait 15 to 20 min to find a match …

(Apples) #2

I did play 15 games in 3 days, it is just so atrocious to play soloqueue with leavers and clueless players that I wont try it anytime soon I think, I’m far from being the best, but when you have 2 phantoms and 1 vassili in your team, and the 5th man ragequit… I think you see the picture here, and as I cant carry alone it ends up with a level of frustration beyond reason, when I stop having some fun, its time to stop the experiment.

Well I tried because I dont want to die as an idiot, but as I said earlier, playing any kind of competitive teamgame without an actual team is just a pure waste of time IMO, I’ll get my season trinklet and be happy with it ^^.

Apples, you nailed it.
Playing with randoms is like loterry. Maybe, just maybe you get good people.
However, most of time you get team-mates who leave, stack up mercs that are completely useless or just do weird stuff.
Especially if your enemy team is filled with players who know what they are doing, it becomes incredible hard to pull it off considering that every man counts.

After I played with randoms several times I will now refuse to play with only four men.
I literally tell my mates to find another guy.

(Remedie) #4

If they bring back the 5 merc selection, one of each group, players could more easely adapt in solo queue and could avoid the vasili/redeye/phantom build!

(BomBaKlaK) #5

Not the point here even if you’re right.
Even if you are 5 you wait way to long to find a match … it’s like there is 20 people playing MM, always playing with the same, and we need to wait between 15 and 20 min to find a match … It’s absolutely boring ! You play 20min you wait 20min … boring

Player base in MM is near the extinction

(Kl3ppy) #6

The last I played MM was before Christmas. We played as a group of 5 ppl. First we had to wait roughly 30mins to get a match. The match was not even close to be a fair match. We surrendered because it didnt make any sense to keep playing. After we were back in the lobby we started the search again. This time we had a match after 10 secs. And guess what, the same team as before. We joined and instant surrendered. Back in the lobby, we waited 15 mins before searching a new match. After we waited, we searched and found a match, again vs the same team. We quit the game …

The issue with MM is that not enough players are playing it. But you cant blame them. There is so much wrong with MM (Maps, searching, rules etc) it is just not enjoyable. Beside the waiting you either stomp or get stomped. Balanced and close games are rare, I would say the chance to get a balanced match is lower than the drop rate of the event cases …

(BomBaKlaK) #7

Yeah, the player base in MM is a real issue …
During maybe 2 weeks we play only vs Lightning & Co every night, almost every match … and we wait around 15 to 20 min everytime to find a match, to finally play the same team over and over again …

(ZGToRRent) #8

SD should start with little things to promote ranked a little bit for casuals(bigger base fee, daily play, daily win, good season rewards) and of course do something with leavers, server crashing etc.

Most players lost attention due to hacker waves months ago and unbalanced matches due to wrong merc picks and bad player experience with game. Merc ban will help a little bit so newbies will not use phantom due to ban but probably it won’t happen :stuck_out_tongue:

(Kl3ppy) #9

[QUOTE=ZGToRRent;543832]SD should start with little things to promote ranked a little bit for casuals(bigger base fee, daily play, daily win, good season rewards) and of course do something with leavers, server crashing etc.

Most players lost attention due to hacker waves months ago and unbalanced matches due to wrong merc picks and bad player experience with game. Merc ban will help a little bit so newbies will not use phantom due to ban but probably it won’t happen :P[/QUOTE]

the biggest issue for me was/is that you get matched vs a group while playing solo. that is just unfair.
when playing solo you should only be placed vs other solo players. a 4 or 5 player lobby should always be placed vs a 4 or 5 player lobby. otherwise it is unfair.

(ZGToRRent) #10

[QUOTE=Kl3ppy;543833]the biggest issue for me was/is that you get matched vs a group while playing solo. that is just unfair.
when playing solo you should only be placed vs other solo players. a 4 or 5 player lobby should always be placed vs a 4 or 5 player lobby. otherwise it is unfair.[/QUOTE]

I agree with queue split, however, i can’t imagine a good match with 10 solo players(based on pub experience).

(Kl3ppy) #11

But it would be better balanced than 5 randoms vs a group of 5.

(alphabeta) #12

There are simply too few players participating in this mode right now. I wait ~15 minutes on average to find a match, whether solo or in a group. Why should I wait that long when I might only have an hour to play?

(montheponies) #13

This should have been the goto mode for play - if it worked i would never go near the server browser. it doesn’t. As mentioned the idea that your rating is based upon games that can be between a 5 player premade team and a 5 man random is just ludicrous.

Either split the queue or just make Rank Matchmaking for solo’s only. Of course if you’re going to do the latter you need to rent servers to clans to better enable private matches. The current setup is just so ill thought out it beggars belief.

Hopefully SD will make a decision and do something about it, including attracting folk to it by using higher rewards - as it is I refuse to go near it.

(Glottis-3D) #14

imho SD should use a simple formula, when premade party counts as bigger ELO than they actually are.

(KeMoN) #15

Nothing new in my post, but I still wanted to confirm the above. I haven’t played ranked for ~2 months because everytime I did I got frustrated.
Yesterday I thought to myself, “there were some updates to the game since you last played + there are some trinkets to win” so I tried it again.
First match 5 solo queues vs a clan of 5. Absolutely ridiculous and we surrendered after the first half.
Second game was with 2 of the other solo queues and 2 new ones against the same team…we surrendered after I think 8 minutes.

The arguments in this thread are far from new and I find it truely astonishing that the feedback, requests and wishes of the community are so blatantly shit on.

I’ll try it a few more times, but I think it’s best to go back to pub only and wait until ranked is fixed. Introducing incentives for players to play ranked is not fixing it.

Cheers

(Apples) #16

and how about just adding everyone here that play solo on friends and just create some parties, I can play with you, szak, bomba n co without frustration I think (as you will all carry meeee! :P)

(Apples) #17

On another note “You are prevented from matchmaking for failing to accept a match invite untill XX” the **** is that? never got a match invite and never declined it indeed, I cancelled a search to go barracks and shizzle, but wasnt in the “acceptation” part of the ranked, is it a known bug?

I seriously think that everything is done to prevent player to go into ranked MM at this point…