Looking for someone trustworthy...

(jgallagher91) #1

I am currently trying to build up my ET server i have purchased recently but im having issues getting changes and such to work…

Im looking for someone that is experienced and trustworthy to assist me modding my server so i can learn along the way…

IF you are interested please send me a pm or add me to steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/jgallagher91/home

If this isnt allowed in this forum please delete, but i am having serious issues with my settings and such

(diaboliksmart) #2

Hello, it would be with pleasure to help you, but now your problems are related to NoQuarter tuning and I don’t know this mod. Sure you’ll find some help on this forum man !
GL
V55

(jgallagher91) #3

I can transfer to Jaymod even if it means getting my server in order i doesnt matter i just want it running like normal with xpsave double jump the whole nine yards i just chose NoQuarter seeing as it was a good mod but i can definitely change it to Jaymod if you are familiar with that

(Mustang) #4

I removed your email address, as it’s a good idea not to make it that public.

(jgallagher91) #5

Im just looking for someone to help with either NoQuarter or Jaymod trying to find ways to fix my issues thru google has only taken me so far thats its becoming nearly impossible for me to find what i am looking for

(phisherman) #6

Why don’t you just ask your questions here? That way, others can benefit as well. You’re certainly neither the first nor the last person to experience difficulties setting up a server.

(jgallagher91) #7

alright current issues im having is the server will not recognize that i am running the custom perks with nq it has noquarter overall but xpsave is not working the double jump feature goomba and stuff like that isnt taking effect i am running omnibot 0.84 with nq 1.2.9 and it is running smoothly but as far as my settings and such it is not wanting to recognize anything that noquarter offers its like its running NQ but still staying in the stock settings

(twt_thunder) #8

You have read this?
http://****storm.org/noquarter/wiki/index.php?title=Installation_Guide

(jgallagher91) #9

Most definitely this guide is what got me to where i am right now with the campaign cycles omnibots and shrubbot but it doesnt really go into depth on how to fix the minority settings

(twt_thunder) #10

well you need to use the right start line for it to work, and then you need to modify your shortcut to the server with the right line…

right click on your server shortcut and select properties

it should then look something like this:

the upper line that you see blue should be something like this:

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe +com_hunkmegs 128 +sv_pure 1+set fs_game nq+exec server.cfg”

or something similair depending where your ET is placed…

(jgallagher91) #11

[QUOTE=twt_thunder;543855]well you need to use the right start line for it to work, and then you need to modify your shortcut to the server with the right line…

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe +com_hunkmegs 128 +sv_pure 1+set fs_game nq+exec server.cfg”

or something similair depending where your ET is placed…[/QUOTE]

Im using filezilla for a server i purchased its not a home based server. my filezilla doesnt give me the option to look at the properties of my servers
ET.exe shortcut

(stealth6) #12

Normally the host should provide a means to see or edit the start up parameters. (The stuff you add to the target line in thunder’s screenshots)

(jgallagher91) #13

[QUOTE=twt_thunder;543855]well you need to use the right start line for it to work, and then you need to modify your shortcut to the server with the right line…

or something similair depending where your ET is placed…[/QUOTE]

Im using filezilla for a server i purchased its not a home based server. my filezilla doesnt give me the option to look at the properties of my servers
ET.exe shortcut

well i purchased the server thru NFO servers and they dont have the easysetup or autoinstaller features for ET on their server database

(twt_thunder) #14

do you have a gamecp?

(jgallagher91) #15

Yes I do. Somehow i was able to get my double jump and respawn times to work properly Now im having issues with xpsave and the bodies of field ops and medics are not dropping packs upon death what is the command to allow drops?

Also it seems like i may have done my campaigncycle wrong heres why i currently have seeing as i have created campaigns thru the NEELIX program to make my campaign files

set d1 “campaign cmpgn_Fun; set nextcampaign vstr d2”
set d_initial"
set d2 “campaign cmpgn_Mixed; set nextcampaign vstr d3”
set d_initial "
set d3 “campaign cmpgn_mixed2; set nextcampaign vstr d1”
set d_initial "

// server doesn’t recognise the campaign command when the gamecode isn’t running yet.
set g_gametype 4; map baserace_b3c; set nextcampaign vstr d2"

vstr d_initial
set g_gametype 4; map Warbell; set nextcampaign vstr d3"

vstr d_initial
set g_gametype 4; map cathedral_final; set nextcampaign vstr d1"

vstr d_initial

Its also running stock maps as i have tried to take those out

(twt_thunder) #16

oh yea the xpsave can be a pain in the as s …
you must create a folder in the noquarter folder thats named xpave.
also you need to in your server config to enter the total path to it

g_XPSaveDirectory

Description
Sets the directory where you want XPSave to store data in. This directory is NOT a relative path, but an absolute path. If you run a hosted/rented game server and don’t know a valid value for g_XPSaveDirectory ask your provider for the absolute path.
Example: set g_XPSaveDirectory “/home/<user>/enemy-territory/nq/xpsave”

AND NEVER TOUCH pak0,pak1,pak2 or anything of what original comes with the game…

The reason why you dont run anything than stock maps is because you need in your server cfg to exec the campaigncycle.cfg…

EDIT: oops and in your gamecp you prob have somewhere you can customize your startline

(jgallagher91) #17

ok I got that figured out now the real issue is the download speed while using my webhost. its being capped between 13-25KB ive followed every step with the tutorials given i had it working just fine and then out of nowhere i just stopped doing anything is there any real solid way to fix this bc im close to ripping my hair out

(twt_thunder) #18

find someone elses download page :slight_smile:

EDIT: just kidding, ask for permission atleast…

(jgallagher91) #19

any chance that mediafire would help in this sort of thing to give as a trial run for it?

(twt_thunder) #20

no, but for a test only just go google and search for etmain. Just be sure that maps are the same on server and web!