med/ammo pack animation infinite loop

(zivs) #1

If you (accidentally or on purpose) double-tap ammo pack ability button (in my case it’s default “X”) and keep it pressed on second tap, most of the time animation gets stuck to infinite loop, but no ammo is thrown out. You can reproduce that at any time when having something like two ammo packs available. This is also happening to Sawbonez medpacks (by pressing double “C”) and I guess it works with Sparks’s and Arty’s med/ammo packs also. Small video example how it looks.

Skyhammer:

//youtu.be/75J_l5IQHnE

Sawbonez:

//youtu.be/lwOiZB7M6eY

(Mustang) #2

Can confirm, I had this once today but wasn’t sure of the repro steps.

(Naxxus) #3

Hey guys,

Thanks for the info I had actually found this bug a while ago it got pushed back because it seemed quite edge case to get in game. Do you often get this whilst playing? If so we may need to prioritize it :slight_smile:

(Mustang) #4

I had this once in the last 30 hours or so since I started the trinket grind, so not that prevalent.

However a similar bug that I get more like 30% of the time I try to throw ammo packs is that if you tap the button to throw a pack it plays the animation, but never actually drops a pack on the ground, only if you press and hold for an extended length of time will the ammo be dropped. I believe it was Exedore that confirmed you should be able to tap to throw, so for me at least this is the higher priority issue as it occurs several times per map. (Tested with quick ability key)

(PixelTwitch) #5

it was quite frequent…

This bug was the reason I switched to manually selecting ammo and heal packs using the number keys.

(ZGToRRent) #6

I have this bug all time I’m throwing ammo as sky. Double tap is a good element to throw ammo quickly to team members but after last patch(I think), it’s more bugged than before.

(kopyright) #7

Still getting this with Arty, though it seems that he really gives out ammo and it’s not just the animation playing.

(shibbyuk) #8

Ohh I thought my keyboard was broken! Nearly ordered a new one!

(K1X455) #9

+1

Don’t know really what to say, but I passed 1 ammo pack and all 4 came out without me activating the <E> key

(alphabeta) #10

This may be part of the same “abilities bug” that I get mainly with Proxy. I throw a mine and suddenly the second mine gets thrown without me activating it. If I then switch to a weapon the weapon is firing uncontrollably and can’t be stopped. If I switch to melee, the knife is swiping uncontrollably. Have had this for about 3 months now.

(AssortedStuff) #11

Stumbled on this thread by accident, wouldn’t have thought of reporting it as I thought it had been a problem with my input device.