152 ping

(Nail) #1

are you serious, the best you can do is 152 ping, that’s the lowest I show in server browser, Nexon’s servers are a joke

(DB Genome editor) #2

Any chance it’s at your end? From my end of the country the worst ping I get off of US west coast servers is below 90 and I’m getting as little as 15 off of some of the east coast ones.

(Domipheus) #3

Got to agree that the past few days the servers seem to be a bit jumpty at times. Ping spikes and generally that feeling of ‘shots not hitting’.

(fubar) #4

months* if it were only days we wouldn’t need a topic like this every week reminding everyone of how awful the servers are.

(ragnak) #5

Thats why i hate the fact that we cant rent/host our own servers. Its always like that with devs provided servers that they just pick the cheapest crap around, doesnt matter that its unstable as hell.

I dont really blame anyone since they have to host plenty of them but if you know that your servers are low quality at least give us an option to rent something better ;( (i dont even play on min lvl servers anymore since those seems to be the worse from the pack, hardly playable most of the time).

(Nail) #6

actually I normally ping around 30, but quite often get crap like that around midnight

(fubar) #7

This, is actually very true. I’ve had far smoother games on execution servers than I do on private tournament servers, not to mention public sw/obj or even MM.

(DB Genome editor) #8

Neighbors clogging your ISP downloading pron? :stuck_out_tongue:

(Nail) #9

seems to only be DB

(prophett) #10

I’m East coast and ping 90 to east coast servers (it should be 40-50, based on my location). New ISP is 10x as fast but my pings are twice as high (Opportunity cost, Economics nerds!)

(Neo_TA) #11

i only search european servers and i get around 16-80 ping so i guess its your internet

(Nail) #12

still over 140, it was 30 last week and I ping 56 to San Fran

(Nail) #13

ping gone back to normal (49)

(Amerika) #14

That means somewhere along your route there is an issue. Most likely it wasn’t with your ISP directly if you could ping elsewhere fine or with the DB servers themselves. With networking there is things called hops and each one is a router that routes your traffic. However, sometimes one of these routes can become heavily congested but your traffic isn’t routed around them because the quality of services is still acceptable or they simply can’t route around it. And if it’s just you with the issue and not others who connect to that server then it’s definitely a routing issue.

There are a lot of tools built into windows that can help you troubleshoot issues like that and find out exactly what the cause is.

I wrote a lot about what can be done to track down issues like this in this thread - http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/21637/problems-with-connection-need-help

(Domipheus) #15

I’m pretty confident the ‘somewhere’ along the route is the game server, or the centre they are using.

(Amerika) #16

That’s why you troubleshoot and find that out. If others are connecting just fine to the same server you are having issues with but you ping just fine elsewhere then there is a problem in between you and the server that isn’t your local ISP or the server datacenter. Your ISP might actually be able to change your route if you call them (depending on who you have).

(Nail) #17

lol, the servers suck

(Amerika) #18

True. But that doesn’t mean your 152 ping was caused by the servers :slight_smile: I like knowing that what I am mad at is actually what I should be mad at personally.