The DB Genome Project

(DB Genome editor) #1

Just in time for the beginning of the trinket hunt and the start of the Dickens event cases drops, the DB Genome has been updated with the event’s new loadouts.

Version 7.0 release notes:

[ul]
[li] Added “What the Dickens?” loadouts and skins for all mercs[/li][li] Revised loadouts sheets to accommodate the increased number of Obsidian & Special Edition loadouts[/li][li] Updated the Layout Map to reflect the new loadouts sheets layout[/li][li] Updated Augments Chart to reflect latest descriptions[/li][/ul]

(KeMoN) #2

Very nice collection!
Thank you for all the effort you put into generating such a nice overview.

(DB Genome editor) #3

Updated OP and thread title to reflect latest release.

(Mustang) #4

For some reason these don’t carry through to the forum page etc. so I made it a generic title for you, hope you don’t mind.

(DB Genome editor) #5

That’s perfect, thanks!

(DB Genome editor) #6

Finally got around to finishing the update for the Humble Bundle loadouts…

Version 7.1 release notes:

[ul]
[li] Added Humble Bundle loadouts and skins for all affected mercs (all except Stoker and Thunder)[/li][li] Updated the Layout Map and some merc’s loadout sheets (Arty, Fragger, Phoenix, Sawbonez and Vassili) to account for loadout deviations[/li][li] Updated Augments Chart to reflect latest descriptions[/li][/ul]

A small note on the discussion regarding the “new” Phoenix loadoutintroduced with the Humble Bundle set: since there is only one instance of this loadout, I will not document it as a distinct loadout but rather as a deviation from the “normal” C72. I strongly believe this “new” loadout to be the result of an error since it shares 5 out of 6 elements with C72, a level of commonality that no two standard loadouts come even close to (well Redeye has a 4/6 pair, but that’s largely due to the systematic repetition of the secondary + melee pairs in his loadouts…). This is also not entirely new or unique to Phoenix since 4 of the Beta Fighter Obsidian loadouts have similar deviations with respect to their melee weapons. Those have also been documented as such.

(Mustang) #7

It seems strange to me that arbitrary skins seem to be missing.

For example, Stoker S62 Cobalt in the Fragment variant doesn’t exist?

(DB Genome editor) #8

[QUOTE=Mustang;548292]It seems strange to me that arbitrary skins seem to be missing.

For example, Stoker S62 Cobalt in the Fragment variant doesn’t exist?[/QUOTE]
Showing every single actual loadout card would be ridiculously messy. The typical merc has 10 sets of 9 cards just for the standard rarities + 2 sets of all-inclusive Special Editions (so far) + a few odds and ends (Obsidian and limited Special Editions), so we’re looking at over 100 cards (and counting) to fit in the layout. That’s why I took the more manageable approach of showing all the truly unique loadouts (Lead, Iron and Bronze + Obsidians / SE with limited loadouts) and then only samples of the other skin variants that are available for all the Bronze loadouts. Hence the “(all loadouts)” indications on some Special Editions cards as well as the “(available for all Bronze loadouts”) next to the Silver / Gold / Cobalt samples.

All this is explained in the Layout Map, but I feel very few people bother with reading that wall of text… :frowning:

(Mustang) #9

Apologies Djiesse, however I wasn’t referring to the images you produce, but rather the available cards baked into the game files.

In my head it made sense, but reading it back I can see why that didn’t come across.

The reason I posted here was in the hope you, or someone else that’s spent a lot of time looking into this stuff, would know if this is indeed true that there are seemingly missing cards at the higher tiers, if it should be reported as a bug, etc.

Indeed as you mention in the “wall of text”, “Cobalt skins: Available for all 9 Bronze loadout variants. Available in 2 skin variants”, what I noticed is that these both aren’t true together.

For example, Stoker has 9 Anodised Blue skins, but only 8 Fragment skins, the missing one being the S62 Fragment as I mentioned previously.

There seem to be a few other examples of this as well, for example, I couldn’t find an Anodised Blue A31 for Fletcher.

(DB Genome editor) #10

[QUOTE=Mustang;548300]Apologies Djiesse, however I wasn’t referring to the images you produce, but rather the available cards baked into the game files.

In my head it made sense, but reading it back I can see why that didn’t come across.

The reason I posted here was in the hope you, or someone else that’s spent a lot of time looking into this stuff, would know if this is indeed true that there are seemingly missing cards at the higher tiers, if it should be reported as a bug, etc.

Indeed as you mention in the “wall of text”, “Cobalt skins: Available for all 9 Bronze loadout variants. Available in 2 skin variants”, what I noticed is that these both aren’t true together.

For example, Stoker has 9 Anodised Blue skins, but only 8 Fragment skins, the missing one being the S62 Fragment as I mentioned previously.

There seem to be a few other examples of this as well, for example, I couldn’t find an Anodised Blue A31 for Fletcher.[/QUOTE]
Now that I understand what you meant, I’m happy to report that I have so far seen no such missing cards:

Considering there are over 2000 loadouts at the moment and the pics for all of these come in large and small versions, it’s not easy to hunt for a specific one in the game files. But since I had to take a more systematic approach (basically dump and classify all these pics), I can confirm that all loadouts are indeed available in all skin variants :cool:

(Mustang) #11

Awesome, would you happen to know the GUID’s of these two?

EDIT: Actually it’s the other cobalt A31 I can’t find, I found the one you posted as an image.

(DB Genome editor) #12

I’m afraid not… Since I couldn’t find any logical pattern in the GUIDs they were basically useless to me (worst actually since they prevented any sort of meaningful sorting and grouping), so I actually renamed the files after converting them… :frowning:

(Mustang) #13

Sorry for the noise, I found the two I was missing, thanks for your help Djiesse!

(DB Genome editor) #14

With the last suspects revealed a couple of days ago, I can finally release this massive update to the Genome. Why “massive”? Well simply put I had ran out of space to include more Special Edition loadouts on some of the mercs loadout sheets, and with 2 more skins coming for the eventual culprit, I seriously needed to rearrange things. The new split between Standard Rarities and Obsidian and Special Edition will allow easy expansion in the future without the need to revisit all the sheets every time. The new layout also addresses the lingering confusion about not showing all the Gold and Cobalt loadouts, and allows the skins to be conveniently shown side by side with the loadout cards.

Version 8.0 release notes:

[ul]
[li] Completely revised the loadout sheets layout to account for the ever-increasing number of Special Edition loadouts. [/li][li] Added Aimee’s loadouts sheet[/li][li] Added Suspect loadouts and skins for all affected mercs (all except Aimee, Aura and Skyhammer)[/li][li] Updated and split the Layout Map to reflect the new layout[/li][li] Updated the Weapons and Augments charts to better match the style of the other sheets[/li][/ul]

(light_sh4v0r) #15

You are a boss.

(DB Genome editor) #16

Another huge update with the release of the new Second Edition loadouts, plus a few other goodies and changes sprinkled in the last game update for good measure.

Version 9.0 release notes:

[ul]
[li] Added new sheets for all the mercs to cover the new Second Edition loadouts, these sheets are listed first as they are the most current ones[/li][li] Added the Rogue en Vogue final loadouts and skins for Aimee and Proxy[/li][li] Added Lineage Continuity info on the First Edition sheets showing the closest parent of the new loadouds and how much they diverged from them[/li][li] Added event info next to the skin previews for Obsidian and Special Edition loadouts[/li][li] Updated the Rhino and Kira First Edition sheets with their revised Gold and Cobalt cards (slight change in the position of the model vs the loadout name text)[/li][li] Updated the Augments chart to reflect the adjustments made in the last game update[/li][li] Updated the Layout Maps to reflect the changes above[/li][/ul]

(DB Genome editor) #17

Although there hasn’t been any new loadouts released since the end of the Rogue en Vogue event, there have been a number of small cosmetic updates to some of the existing cards as well as augments tweaking. I also found a simple way of updating skin previews with Second Edition cards, so I decided to bite the bullet on that one too. And of course crafting and recycling info, as well as new drop odds are now reflected on the main Layout Map sheet.

Version 9.1 release notes:

[ul]
[li] Updated Proxy Obsidian Culprit cards with new versions (corrected name font) [/li][li] Updated all Aimee cards with new versions (tweaked skin tone and corrected model issues)[/li][li] Replaced cards on 2nd edition skin previews (all mercs except Proxy which I probably won’t update until she gets her eye back) and some updated 1st edition ones (Kira and Rhino Gold and Cobalt, Phantom Default and Lead)[/li][li] Updated some augments to reflect latest descriptions[/li][li] Updated Layout Map with new non-event drop odds, crafting costs and recycling values[/li][/ul]

(shaftz0r) #18

i was looking through the card lists you made, but i didnt see my founders arty in there :slight_smile:

edit im quite proud of him edit

(DB Genome editor) #19

[QUOTE=shaftz0r;555976]i was looking through the card lists you made, but i didnt see my founders arty in there :slight_smile:

edit im quite proud of him edit[/QUOTE]
Founders Arty?!? You sir are either in error, a sad troll or some sort of wizard… :tongue:

TL;DR: Pics or it didn’t happen :eek:

(shaftz0r) #20

[QUOTE=Djiesse;556028]Founders Arty?!? You sir are either in error, a sad troll or some sort of wizard… :tongue:

TL;DR: Pics or it didn’t happen :eek:[/QUOTE]

edit i thought it was a founders and not the beta fighter card. oops… my bad :stuck_out_tongue: