[idea] objective mode campaigns

(neks) #1

I think this game needs campaigns like in Wolf:ET and this idea could also be the occasion to give an incentive to people not to leave maps early. So make 3-map (or 4) campaigns where the longer people stay, the more cards they get a chance to get. In ET, the xp would build up between maps so that was one/the incentive. In DB, there’s not much and too often people leave early or in-between maps.

For example:

1. Join any map of the campaign going on and play more than half of it = you get a high chance to get a load out card
  2. stay for the next map = chance to get 2 loadout cards
  3. stay for 2 maps = chance to get 3 loadout cards

leave early, get nothing

Sure this can be tweaked here and there but you get the idea. What do you think?

(Rémy Cabresin) #2

Think it’d be nicer to have it in a way that it rewards staying inthe same pub server for a while. Like if you join a server you get your normal credits, if you stay another whole map you get +10 ‘consecutive maps bonus’, then stay another full map you get +20, third +30, fourth +40 etc with a max of +50 for each map longer than 5. So if you play say 6 maps you get ~120 bonus credits.

(Glottis-3D) #3

i like it, its like having a ‘good custumer discount’ on that server

(neks) #4

yes that’s the idea right here. My first post has a bit of me who’d like to see campaigns in the game too…

(Mustang) #5

We’ve had loose campaigns (W:ET) and tight compaigns (ET:QW), I didn’t find either particularly useful or intuitive, however incentivising people to play for longer or to stay on the same server for longer sounds like a much better idea.

(neks) #6

well, in W:ET the way XP was building up through a campaign was an incentive for some

(Mustang) #7

Yea for the two top fraggers than unlocked the akimbo’s for everyone else though… :tongue:

(BomBaKlaK) #8

Yeah ! We need campaign !