Shuffle vote requiring surplus player numbers.

(Szakalot) #1

Shuffle vote considers 50%> majority that includes still connecting players. Very often people want to shuffle at map start, but its hard to get a vote through when the vote expects joining users to contribute to 50%.

This is another symptom of how much better gameplay would be, esp. in sw and execution, if we had an automatic player shuffle after map loading and a few min of warmup.

Im pretty sure im not alone in saying that a few min warmup are worth the wait to get a proper sw game going, which is so hard now when one side often starts with 2-4 less players

(KeMoN) #2

YES, absolutely agree with everything above. It happens way too often that players aren’t there at mapstart. Extremely frustrating in Execution mode when you have 8 vs 8, but actually it is only 3 vs 7 in the first round. That round is immediately lost.

Extend warm-up and modify Shuffle votes somehow.
Cheers

(UnaSalusVictus) #3

lkast night we where talking about this, it seems like 100% of players must vote for a vote shuffle/map change/ext to pass…it should be a majority of people in game at the moment…period…the game should also auto shuffle if the games a clear gridlock or stomp.

if the first objective is taken to quickly, shuffle, if the objective after X time hasnt been touched, shuffle…oh and…even a random shuffle would be better then the current mess in objective…2/3 or 3/4 of games are just total stomp/steamroll goatroaps…and it gets old…

(Apples) #4

Random shuffle a dozen time during a map is just silly… Why would I care to win the game if I can be shuffled 3 times during the round? Shuffle should be by vote or admin only, but easier to pass, and also block a player from calling vote each ten seconds… as when the vote screen is on my game stutter the hell out (and I’m not the only one), its pretty frustrating to spend an entire game stuttering the hell out because one kiddo spam the shuffle vote any time he can.

(UnaSalusVictus) #5

same issue trying to votekick, images attacked.

every chance sombody could we tried to vote same results over half the team wants him gone, he votes not to kick himself…failed…

very frustrating because despite that amazing score, he was no assette to the team didnt work on planting/clearing or defending anything just was working on kills for himself…

would be nice to be able to shuffle or kick vote without 100% of players involved voting… :confused:

(KeMoN) #6

I simply don’t understand why players that don’t vote are considered. In every democratic voting system you only take the actual votes into account and don’t count everyone who didn’t vote into the percentage.

Note: Not voting is not equal to entering an empty vote sheet. Technically you need F1 = yes; F2 = no; F3 = abstain. And only those people who don’t have an opinion in the matter, but vote for abstain are counted towards the percentage. Not every connected player.

By the way, that would also solve the issue that still connecting players make it impossible to pass votes at match start. WIN - WIN

There appears to be another recent thread with the same problematic.

(Szakalot) #7

[QUOTE=KeMoN;542905]I simply don’t understand why players that don’t vote are considered. In every democratic voting system you only take the actual votes into account and don’t count everyone who didn’t vote into the percentage.

Note: Not voting is not equal to entering an empty vote sheet. Technically you need F1 = yes; F2 = no; F3 = abstain. And only those people who don’t have an opinion in the matter, but vote for abstain are counted towards the percentage. Not every connected player.

By the way, that would also solve the issue that still connecting players make it impossible to pass votes at match start. WIN - WIN

There appears to be another recent thread with the same problematic.[/QUOTE]

i think the fear here is that trolls would force people to vote every 2 seconds.

making a failed vote not votable in a longer period of time would solve this.

(UnaSalusVictus) #8

[QUOTE=KeMoN;542905]I simply don’t understand why players that don’t vote are considered. In every democratic voting system you only take the actual votes into account and don’t count everyone who didn’t vote into the percentage.

There appears to be another recent thread with the same problematic.[/QUOTE]

need a like/agree button!!!

(KeMoN) #9

[QUOTE=Szakalot;542945]i think the fear here is that trolls would force people to vote every 2 seconds.

making a failed vote not votable in a longer period of time would solve this.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely have no problem with longer waiting times, if that means that the casted votes are representative! If such a vote fails, I (and everybody else) know(s) that the democratic majority is against that. 100% okay for me.