30th November Dev Stream Round-Up [AUDIO SPECIAL]

(Faraleth) #1

Remember, as always, unless specifically stated as confirmed, please take everything with a grain of salt.

As usual, I don’t normally post these here to cut down on potential forum spam, but I felt this round-up was particularly major and might contain some relevant information for some of you!

Were you aiming to find out something else? Was there something that you’re turtley dying to ask? Check out the FAQ here: http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/17544/dev-nexon-stream-faq

Audio:

[ul]
[li] They want to “fix” it so that weapons sound different, in different environments, to make it more realistic. Right now weapons sound the same in Underground, as they do on Bridge.
[/li][li] The grenade audio (beep) when throwing the grenade is supposed to start when you begin cooking it, not when you let go of it. This should be fixed in the future.
[/li][li] Commander audio will be improved so that it’s not a simple generic “disarmed C4, plant another!”. They want to make special audio unique for every objective.
[/li][li] Guns are more audible based on how dangerous the gun is in range. This is why sniper’s can be heard for much further than shotguns or SMG’s.
[/li][li] Gun audio is recorded in a variety of ways - some are real weapons, while others are created from various other objects or sources.
[/li][li] Phantom’s “trick or treat, mother ****er” line from the Dirty Bomb Scrubs E3 trailer will be added to the game “sooner or later”.
[/li][/ul]

Possible changes/updates:

[ul]
[li] “Guardian Angel” augment will be getting a small update in the future, so that it gives you a “3D sound hint”. This means you will be able to locate where and how far away the orbital strike is coming from.
[/li][li] The looping audio bug is aimed to be fixed “within the next 2 updates”. It’s sadly one of the biggest bugs they have and will take a lot of work to ensure fixing it doesn’t simply stop audio when it shouldn’t.
[/li][li] They want to add an “I’m coming” audio for medics moving towards downed team-mates, so they don’t K-out or respawn while the medic is on their way to them.
[/li][li] There is a bug where the game will occasionally drop the proximity mine sound, so that they are silent when you are close to them. This will be fixed in the next update.
[/li][/ul]

25th November Notes: (These are from last week’s stream, but were not posted in it’s own post.)

[ul]
[li] There will be an update “at some point next week” for several bug fixes for Thunder. There are several known issues currently.
[/li][li] “Phantom will be receiving looks at.” It was noted that they realise he doesn’t really fall into a specific category. They want to make him more of a team-player, while retaining his “assassinyness”.
[/li][li] Containment War event loadouts will NOT return, however there will be other events in the future.
[/li][li] “The concussion grenade will be tweaked and fixed.” It sounds like the only changes to him will be to make sure everything is working-as-intended.
[/li][/ul]

Extra Info:

[ul]
[li] Guest: Galavant - Audio Designer
[/li][li] Galavant did some work on Indie games and recorded his own sound libraries.
[/li][li] They showed a clip for audio, and a certain unreleased merc was using the weapon - shoe. stated this definitely had nothing to do with the next or future merc release, as the footage was recorded a long time ago. Take this with a grain of salt. http://i.imgur.com/nlYYlc6.png
[/li][/ul]

Enjoy… Until next time!

• Faraleth

EDIT: Updated the Turtle image. This one’s a little more clear. :slight_smile:

VoD links:
Part 1 - http://www.twitch.tv/dirtybomb/v/27926044
Part 2 - http://www.twitch.tv/dirtybomb/v/27928400
(This stream is in 2 parts, because shoe. accidentally stopped broadcasting for a few moments. Whoops!)

(eitsch0r) #2

Thank you very much! Much appreciated info-relay! Such wow! Much great! (please don’t mind the last two exclamations, it is just my funny-meter which tickled me and made me type those two additions. I am really fond of your wall of text!)

May i suggest - if we could expect more of these “note takings” (which i suggested to shoe. on stream already a long time ago … and tbh i felt the idea already well appreciated by him) - that you might even honor these “Stream-Notes” with their own Forum-Section-Subfolder-Thingy somewhere? So that there is a single point of access to things said/happened on stream ordered by date. That would be great. (probably)

Also please pardon my blatant obliviousness (and style of asking, too) but … who are you (respective: what is your relation to SD-Staff)? Is there a relation? Are you a player just like me? Your unobtrusive appearance “bothers” me :smiley:

(Faraleth) #3

[QUOTE=eitsch0r;542269]Thank you very much! Much appreciated info-relay! Such wow! Much great! (please don’t mind the last two exclamations, it is just my funny-meter which tickled me and made me type those two additions. I am really fond of your wall of text!)

May i suggest - if we could expect more of these “note takings” (which i suggested to shoe. on stream already a long time ago … and tbh i felt the idea already well appreciated by him) - that you might even honor these “Stream-Notes” with their own Forum-Section-Subfolder-Thingy somewhere? So that there is a single point of access to things said/happened on stream ordered by date. That would be great. (probably)

Also please pardon my blatant obliviousness (and style of asking, too) but … who are you (respective: what is your relation to SD-Staff)? Is there a relation? Are you a player just like me? Your unobtrusive appearance “bothers” me :D[/QUOTE]

I normally don’t post a lot of the round-up’s here because there are minimal forum posts to begin with, and posting 3 per weeks would kinda spam the main page. Perhaps I can have a chat with Shoe and see what can be done about it, because it would be nice for people who don’t check other DB social media, to stay updated! In the mean time you can read all past round-up’s here if you are interested: http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/search?Search=%23roundup

As for who I am - I am no one special ^.^ Just a player like you. I do various things to help out around the community, such as posting the stream round-up’s, as well as moderating the Dirty Bomb forums (the Nexon ones, not this here SD one, of course) and subreddit. My main goal is keeping the community up to date with the latest info, in the best manner possible, as well as just generally helping out where I can… I’m also down for some casting in the future too, I believe. :wink: