Dirty Bomb Maintenance Changelog 17:00 - 19:00 UTC 01/12/2015

(Chris Mullins) #1

Dirty Bomb will be in maintenance at 17:00 UTC on December 1st, 2015, in order to perform a hotfix update. There will be a client and server update, but there should be minimal server downtime.

When:

London (GMT/UTC): 17:00 - 19:00
Los Angeles (PST, UTC -8:00): 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Sydney (AEDT, UTC +11:00): 4:00 AM - 6:00 AM, December 2nd
What:

Dirty Bomb servers and client will be updated with a hotfix update. There should be minimal server downtime.

Changelog:

Thunder - Concussion Grenades

[ul]
[li]Removed ‘cooking’ from Concussion Grenades
[/li][li]Reduced fuse time to 1.6s (from 2.0s)
[/li][li]Reduced throw-cancel cooldown cost to 4s (from 8s)
[/li][li]Increased movement stun radius to 368u (from 240u)
[/li][li]Looking away from Concussion Grenades now dramatically reduces the duration of the blinding effect
[/li][li]Team-mates now receive a much shorter blinding-effect when Friendly Fire is Off
[/li][li]The duration of the blinding effect now correctly scales down over distance
[/li][li]The severity of the movement stun effect now correctly scales down over distance
[/li][li]The movement stun effect now gradually recovers over time
[/li][li]Removed the mouse sensitivity reduction from the stun effect
[/li][li]Dynamic objects like Secondary Objective doors now correctly block effects
[/li][/ul]
Bug Fixes

[ul]
[li]Fixed bug where the ‘Welcome to Dirty Bomb’ pop-up would show for existing players
[/li][li]Fixed bug with invisible ramp on Overground map
[/li][li]Fixed bug where player movement could desynchronise when using the Quick-Eye augment
[/li][li]Fixed bug where a destroyed Turret could begin firing again after being disabled by a Concussion Grenade
[/li][li]Removed several blockout maps from the game files
[/li][/ul]

(Rémy Cabresin) #2

Looks good overall, but:

Removed ‘cooking’ from Concussion Grenades
Reduced fuse time to 1.6s (from 2.0s)

Does this mean you want Thunders nade to move away from being used as (pop)flashes and push him more into 'Fragger without the nadekills" territory?

(spookify) #3

-Reduced fuse time to 1.6s (from 2.0s)

Why not just give Thunder the same Cook at Fragger? People have memorized the cook timing and travel distance of fraggers nades…

By not using fraggers nade timing nades are placed with less accuracy! Plus 1.6! Thats like zero cook time and just throw. You know make the nades very weak at larger distances. UGH!

-Removed ‘cooking’ from Concussion Grenades
OMG no control 1 foot throw nades… Awesome… Slow fat guy throws a nade that explodes after 1.6 seconds… Good luck not blinding yourself… NOOB NADE incoming!

(Smooth) #4

[QUOTE=adeto;542209]Looks good overall, but:

Removed ‘cooking’ from Concussion Grenades
Reduced fuse time to 1.6s (from 2.0s)

Does this mean you want Thunders nade to move away from being used as (pop)flashes and push him more into 'Fragger without the nadekills" territory?[/QUOTE]

It’s mostly to make them a little simpler to use and behave a little more consistently.

Since they can impact team-mates over a very large radius this should also help reduce the annoyance of poorly-timed throws from friendly Thunder’s.

Pop-flashes will still be possible, they just require smarter throws, rather than simple cook-timing.

(Rémy Cabresin) #5

[QUOTE=Smooth;542211]It’s mostly to make them a little simpler to use and behave a little more consistently.

Since they can impact team-mates over a very large radius this should also help reduce the annoyance of poorly-timed throws form friendly Thunder’s.

Pop-flashes will still be possible, they just require smarter throws, rather than simple cook-timing.[/QUOTE]

Is that because you want the flashes to affect teammates or is this a ‘bandaid’ because you don’t really want it to flash teammates at all but it’s too hard to fix properly so we’re making the flashes more easily dodge-able for teammates?

(I partially agree that making pop flashing harder is nice, but 1.6 seconds then feels like a lifetime. I think that’s the same time as a Nader nade explosion and if you want those to explode without touching the ground or w/e they have way long travel time. If you’re going for that csgo style popflash idea that I’d suggest making the fusetime a lot shorter. Otherwise Thunder becomes a support in the backline because the nades take so long to get somewhere :stuck_out_tongue: and that seems odd with his HP and weaponry)

(Szakalot) #6

yup, not being able to cook at 1.6 sec will make popflashes impossible, withou being able to burst-flash mid air it pretty much destroys the ability in high level play.

(Smooth) #7

I’ll be looking very closely at the balance that results from this hotfix.

I’m more likely to adjust the fuse and increase the impact of the flash or stun as an improvement if needed. A fixed fuse time allows for the impact to be more powerful as it usually gives victims a chance to react.

(BomBaKlaK) #8

cRASH ! & cRASH again … nice hotfix !
after 20 min of game 2 crash …

fresh new Nvidia drivers 359.06

(Glottis-3D) #9

[QUOTE=Smooth;542215]I’ll be looking very closely at the balance that results from this hotfix.

I’m more likely to adjust the fuse and increase the impact of the flash or stun as an improvement if needed. A fixed fuse time allows for the impact to be more powerful as it usually gives victims a chance to react.[/QUOTE]

a possible solution is make it more bouncy, so that you can through it on the floor, it bounces off to the air and explodes.
that worked with grenades in quake to some extent.

but cooking is more skilled, obviously.
because all situational stuff that goes to non-cookable also goes to cookable nades, with addition of strict timing.

(Szakalot) #10

i was also going to propose more bounciness. atm its impossible to popflash a good player at close-mid range; if nade was more bouncy it would open up more possibilities and increase skill ceiling

(prophett) #11

The fuse/cook should behave the same as fragger’s nade :[

(Szakalot) #12

its a little TOO easy to flash people, you can aim high and air-burst the nade; its pretty much unavoidable.

Maybe the bugfixes nerfed the nade enough that this isnt a big deal, but i personally dont mind fixed fuse time, if we get enough to work with

(Rémy Cabresin) #13

[QUOTE=Szakalot;542233]its a little TOO easy to flash people, you can aim high and air-burst the nade; its pretty much unavoidable.

Maybe the bugfixes nerfed the nade enough that this isnt a big deal, but i personally dont mind fixed fuse time, if we get enough to work with[/QUOTE]

Think the removal of cooking is fine if the fuse-time gets shortened. Right now you need to bounce it off 4 walls to make it a pop flash. And throwing it into a hallway as it is now gives any decent player the time to just turn away and not be affected at all, creating a weird spot for Thunder where he’s now some sort of backline support throwing in flashes for his teammates so that the long fusetime is excused by the traveltime. But that makes it even weirder because of his high hp and relatively close quarter weapons(with exception of stark). Fuse time could easily be cut down to half of what it is now and put it in a good place to make him able to set plays up for himself more.

(bontsa) #14

Ok least there is some good reasoning behind cook removal. However, I feel not only the bounciness and timing needs to be checked, but map consistency too; there are already so many weird walls in the game that you pretty much have to trial’n’error every square centimeter of all of the maps to find the spots you can reliably bounce stuff off without getting it stuck in between somewhere in the void (looking at you, Terminal platings on 1st obj. and Chapel EV start area bells as an example). DB is so fast phased it feels quite tough to rely on learning very pixel specific nadespots and throws like in CS:GO for example, where every single corner seems to have their preferred “popflash” or smoke or whatnot.

Oops, broke my lurk cover.