Train gets off track despite spline control

(Teuthis) #1

I am scratching my head about a train in my map that gets off-track in the curves despite perfect path and lots of spline controls. I also used the bobtools blot splines function to show the path. It looks beautiful. I use the same train as in railgun with same tag etc. i have no clue why the train gets off track. Anyone has an idea?

It must be the tag position but since I’m using the railgun train it should work perfect…

(Mateos) #2

It’s doing it for all the curves? Script-side all is fine? Nothing wrong printed in the console?

(Teuthis) #3

No error messages in the script. Script identical to railgun’s tug2. Should be working fine and it does as long as the train goes straight. Don’t understand this…

(Mateos) #4

Can you export the entities to a test map and upload the source with the script somewhere?

(Teuthis) #5

absolutely. Here the extracted prefab with the script. I deleted everything not related to the Train.

Thanks for taking the time. highly appreciated

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49813220/train-off-track.rar

(RayBan) #6

if I remember… and Im shure I do not… your spline points have to be exactly, 4, 8 16… and nothing else in between…

(Teuthis) #7

[QUOTE=RayBan;542311]if I remember… and Im shure I do not… your spline points have to be exactly, 4, 8 16… and nothing else in between…
.[/QUOTE]

Sorry but not sure what you mean with 4, 8, 16…
You certainly do not mean the distance between the splines :slight_smile:

(RayBan) #8

exactly what I mean…

(RayBan) #9

keep your spline points on exact 4 or 8 or 16 points and your train should run fine… as far as I remember…

(Teuthis) #10

I tried this by copying the exact spline path from railgun. Unfortunately same result. This train thing remains mystical.

(twt_thunder) #11

making a new tug @Teuthis

http://www.thewolfteam.org/forum/index.php/topic,402.msg3560.html#new

(RayBan) #12

Alrighty… i memberz… keep em on 8 points… fergetz the 2 4 16 dance… keepz em on 8… then they should work fine… seriously… only 8 grid points from spline to spline… and yes… i was playing thief 1 before I made this post… and rumbling around the lost city… so forgive my grammar…

(Teuthis) #13

Nice:) thanks for hint and for taking the time

(Teuthis) #14

Today I tried to put the splines super close together, 8 points apart. When I tried the map I got a G scripting error saying that the script exceeded the max Stack number (176). What it means is that in my train script block there is only a certain number of trigger events allowed (like trigger move_to_1, ect). In my case I needed 257 splines so 257 times a trigger move_to_xxx. I read from the Chruker side that 512 splines can be used but it appears that this then correspond to separate scrip mover but certainly not a single script mover. Seems as if 176 splines is the max a single mover can have. I tried with 176 splines and it works well :wink:

(RayBan) #15

When I said 8 points… I meant on the z axis… height…

(RayBan) #16

also remember… the cake is a lie… Unless it’s made of Pumpkin… then it’s awesome…!

(Teuthis) #17

Now that you mention it :wink: