MAX LVL Servers need to be bigger

(ZGToRRent) #1

Dear SD, if You want to support beginners and casuals on better way, do 2 things:

1. Increase max lvl servers to 7(like comp unlock) or 10.
  2. Public servers with no restrictions should be disabled for players who didn’t reach lvl 5 at least to:
    a) Have better experience as a new player who will be forced to play with lvl 20-60
    b) Have more balanced matches

I’m lvl 40 right now and I hate when lvl 3 or 4 is telling me “Nice balance” after 15 seconds of playing and they are just leaving to build spawncamp opportunity.

Let’s be serious, the current set of servers doesn’t work as they should and it need quick fixes otherwise people will leave before they will learn the game.

(Szakalot) #2

Totally agree that MORE level separation is super important. Ideally, you would only separate objective servers, and leave SW as more hardcore middle-ground before pubs and competitive (which it already is, with playing the spawntimer/spawnkill).

E.g. only 3 types of objective servers:
Max lvl 5
~1-15
10+

This would also populate them minlvl10 objective servers that are harder to get going (but are always full once up).

Leave stopwatch as is.

EDIT:
There is just no way you can ever get balanced matches with such a huge skill variance. In W:ET this would normally seprate itself to etmain and etpro servers (and even there, some servers would get a rep for being ‘high’). In QW this was less important due to all the vehicle spam, putting less stress on pure aim.

Here we are back to ET levels, (DB could actual have a higher skill ceiling as far as the fights itself (so not map/tactics/playing the spawns). Putting us closed beta veterans against newcomers is no fun for anyone. If you only keep the separation for the casual objective servers you aren’t splitting the community! Everyone can always go to SW.

People that want to party together are also more likely to want to play the more serious stopwatch anyways.

(Glottis-3D) #3

+1
And min lvl up to 13 or 15

(Kendle) #4

Community servers … would solve all sorts of problems :slight_smile:

(BomBaKlaK) #5

remove 10+ servers and add some Levels 20+ !
10+ is not enough, old boys need a place to pub to !

(Violator) #6

[QUOTE=BomBaKlaK;542050]remove 10+ servers and add some Levels 20+ !
10+ is not enough, old boys need a place to pub to ![/QUOTE]

+1 for this. The level 10+ servers are usually good but so hard to find a free one… even then you can end up with players of level 12 who don’t know how to revive :o. Am getting fed up being the only player over level 20 (or more usually over level 10) on my team. Not interested in waiting 10 minutes for a comp game, or pub stomping - I just want a nice even game. The game currently punishes you once you hit around level 20 by placing you into low-level teams as part of the balance, rather than trying to put you with other similar level players (which I guess the comp mode tries to do but it takes way too long for me).

I would like to see (posted something similar before) -

Level 1-5 only for new players. Hide these servers once you hit level 6.
Level 6-10
Level 10+
Level 20+
A few servers where level doesn’t matter, not the 90% odd we have now :frowning:

Level 10+ servers that we have now are very rare - how well does the proportion of servers / level currently reflect the actual demographics?

In the browser it would also be good to see player levels on the right or at least an average of the total level. Currently its russian roulette as to whether you’re going to hit the ‘noob zone’ :slight_smile:

(Szakalot) #7

like the idea of average lvl!

(fubar) #8

On the other hand, why not increase min level servers by increments of 10?

I know a few that would be more inclined to play public, specifically SW if there was min level 20/30/40 servers.

(Apples) #9

It would split the playerbase but actually balance things up a little, community servers would still be the best option, but as we wait for them (if they deliver one day…), gettin min level 10 / 20 / 30 etc etc would ensure less unbalanced games.

Plus I dont know, getting stomped by better players if everyone is approx the same level is really less frustrating than getting stomped because you play vs a team of lvl 10 / 20+ and your team is full of lvl 1-7… I dont mind losing as long as I had a good game, and some days it is just impossible to obtain that funny and good game at all.

(spookify) #10

This game is such a cluster at 7v7 and 8v8… I only search 6v6 servers and if 5v5 pubs were a thing I would play in thoses…

Ditch obj mode and bring in a new mode that can handle 10v10… boom done.

(fubar) #11

[QUOTE=spookify;542124]This game is such a cluster at 7v7 and 8v8… I only search 6v6 servers and if 5v5 pubs were a thing I would play in thoses…

Ditch obj mode and bring in a new mode that can handle 10v10… boom done.[/QUOTE]

Objective and Stopwatch can handle 10v10, they can handle 30vs30 even.

The maps can’t.

(Rémy Cabresin) #12

[QUOTE=fubar;542125]Objective and Stopwatch can handle 10v10, they can handle 30vs30 even.

The maps can’t.[/QUOTE]

Dome could easily support 12vs12 or smtn, but maps aren’t even the biggest issue. Just sheer engine/performance is a bigger issue. Can’t even handle 8vs8 without FPS being more unstable than a broken table.