Can you please stop forcing the counter strike gamemode missions on us when...

… we have NO SERVERS to play it on?

Carrying a team of level 1 redeye ****ters to 16 rounds of victory is mission impossible.

Thank you.

(DarkangelUK) #2

No it’s not

To be fair though, I don’t want any game type missions. Where are you? Seems strange that no empty servers show either, are you not filtering properly?

(Rémy Cabresin) #3

Thats not even the biggest issue I have with it. They removed comp missions eventho thats the gamemode that needs more incentive, but add Execution ones eventho every new players gets pushed into it anyway. Give us back comp missions or remove all gamemode based ones. Give us more merc based ones like do 1500 damage with nader, give 2000 health as sawbonez. And force those mercs to be played instead of the “in squad” bs :stuck_out_tongue:

(Szakalot) #4

just let us reroll one mission per set; problem solved.

While I would also prefer that, it’s unlikely to happen.

[QUOTE=DarkangelUK;541998]
Where are you? Seems strange that no empty servers show either, are you not filtering properly?[/QUOTE]
There are no servers. I didn’t exclude any regions.

(Szakalot) #6

[QUOTE=Zar.;542003]While I would also prefer that, it’s unlikely to happen.

There are no servers. I didn’t exclude any regions.[/QUOTE]

Only now i noticed you have a minlvl10 filter. You might want to take that out, there are no minlvl10 execution servers.

(poiuasd) #7

Maybe that’s the point? Nobody wants to play with people who have literally just installed the game 10 minutes ago which is what execution is all about.

That’s what I’m telling you, there are no servers!

(watsyurdeal) #9

Better yet, stop forcing it when Counter Strike does everything that execution does, but better, WAY better. The only difference is Counter Strike is slow as ****.

MAKE THAT YOUR STRENGTH Splash Damage, where Counter Strike fails make your game exceed. Keep that fast pace and introduce game modes that support it, you won’t beat Counter Strike at Counter Strike, just plain and simple logic.

(Nail) #10

That’s what happens when you look for non existent things

(Cankor) #11

I would love to see this. Every time and execution mode mission comes up I dismiss it. I have zero interest in playing that mode.

Surprised splash damage is forcing new players into that mode, can they play one of the other modes if they load the game via the server browser instead of quick join?

(poiuasd) #12

Luckily yes.

(DarkangelUK) #13

[QUOTE=watsyurdeal;542008]Better yet, stop forcing it when Counter Strike does everything that execution does, but better, WAY better. The only difference is Counter Strike is slow as ****.

MAKE THAT YOUR STRENGTH Splash Damage, where Counter Strike fails make your game exceed. Keep that fast pace and introduce game modes that support it, you won’t beat Counter Strike at Counter Strike, just plain and simple logic.[/QUOTE]

It has C4 and is round based, that’s where the similarities between CS and Execution end, why do people not understand this?

(Rémy Cabresin) #14

That’s his point though, that at it’s core it’s exactly what CS does and CS does it better for a variety of reasons. Why try when you could focus on what makes your game stand out?

(DarkangelUK) #15

That’s not a point, that’s a basic subjective opinion. IMO Execution is a far more pleasurable experience, I hate the spread in CS and the slow movement, no class abilities. I don’t enjoy CS much at all, I really enjoy Execution… that alone tells me that they’re nothing alike other than the fact that they have C4 and rounds. The classes and abilities alone separate how the games play immensely, and if someone says that there’s no difference in the experience or how they both play then I write their opinion off as bull**** there and then because that stance is just madness. Of course I’ve often found that the ones saying that don’t play Execution at all.

(fubar) #16

To be fair, the only reason that would make Execution enjoyable is the fact that no real meta has set in yet. Once people realize that it’s beneficial to camp objectives as defenders, bait abilities and go for peak plays (ie.: CS) I reckon the majority of people that “like it” right now… just wont. The only thing that currently makes it “fast paced” and rounds rarely ever get played out for their full duration is the fact that no one takes it remotely serious and plays it the way that would be most beneficial to the defending team.

I have no idea how execution plays out in dirty bomb, I haven’t been able to experience it yet. All I see right now is how people spawn in, press Q… OOH a grenade with two big red lasers coming out of it, SWEET! Lets stand where the funny grenade exploded and find out what E does! OOH ammo packs! PEW PEW PEW Airstrike selfkill.

(watsyurdeal) #18

Actually Adeto was right, that WAS my point.

Regardless of what you may think about the way gun fights are handled, the demolition mode in Counter Strike is far superior as the mechanics are well balanced. The ONLY way Dirty Bomb would stand a chance with execution is if all mercs were available and you had to “hire” a merc every round with cash. That way you’d make actual choices about what your team uses and what you need to do.

But as it is, it’s pretty much ability spam heaven, everyone starts with their abilities ready, and the first few moments are basically people throwing their stuff at the enemy to get kills. Most rounds don’t last more than a minute.

It’s not just a straight opinion, execution was a mistake for a number of reasons, but the main one is that if they are trying to make a competitive shooter, trying to beat Counter Strike at Counter Strike is NOT going to work. We really needed KOTH or Base Race.

(DarkangelUK) #19

Your point was an opinion

Regardless of what you may think about the way gun fights are handled, the demolition mode in Counter Strike is far superior as the mechanics are well balanced. The ONLY way Dirty Bomb would stand a chance with execution is if all mercs were available and you had to “hire” a merc every round with cash. That way you’d make actual choices about what your team uses and what you need to do.

Regardless of what you may think about the way the gun fights are handled, you opinion doesn’t make your statement fact. The games play differently, end of, we’re verging on my ‘bull****’ territory meter ringing alarms from up on high. You’re idea is basically replaced CS’ weapon purchases with merc purchases, which is basically ‘make it more like CS’… when your complain is that its too much like like CS? We’re back to the fact that no, it doesn’t play like CS as I’ve played both and the experience is COMPLETELY different. You’re going with same mechanic = same experience which is DING DING DING bull****. This follows onto the fact that CS isn’t “far superior” as they aren’t even doing the same thing. A lemon drizzle cake isn’t an inferior version of chocolate cake because they both have sponge in them. It’s not trying to ‘beat CS’, it’s trying to be its own thing which it does due to classes, abilities, revives, healing, deployables.

But as it is, it’s pretty much ability spam heaven, everyone starts with their abilities ready, and the first few moments are basically people throwing their stuff at the enemy to get kills. Most rounds don’t last more than a minute.

I play it quite a lot, yes they do.

It’s not just a straight opinion, execution was a mistake for a number of reasons, but the main one is that if they are trying to make a competitive shooter, trying to beat Counter Strike at Counter Strike is NOT going to work. We really needed KOTH or Base Race.

See previous comment of ‘not trying to beat CS’. I also get the feeling that a lot of folk are pissed off at the mode because it takes time away from obj/SW which is just sad really. And yes mate, it’s a straight opinion, even more so because you simply fail to comprehend that Execution has the very very basic core of CS, then goes off as its own thing well beyond that. You’ve either not played CS or you’ve not played Execution, and I can bet you could ask any regular CS player if they play the same and he’d laugh at you.

Also it’s not going anywhere, so there’s that as well.

(Apples) #20

Thing is, gief servers with min lvl for execution, problem solved.