[NGS] Virtual Box

(Matuno) #1

Hey guys,

As far as I’m aware, using a virtual box on your computer is likely to get you permanently banned without remorse on Dirty Bomb. I’m a web developer and I -need- to use VirtualBox to access my Linux environment.

Does NGS still ban you if that happens to be running when you open Dirty Bomb? Will this be fixed at any point? Could it at least resort to kicking rather than downright banning?

(Mustang) #2

Don’t know about VirtualBox, but I can have VMware Workstation running in the background without issue.

(Destroy666) #3

I ran DB + VB in background at least several times with no problem.

(UnaSalusVictus) #4

i think only sanboxie is blocked, since some games could be run inside it making hiding the hacks from the anti-cheat software easier…

i wouldnt personally run any game in sanboxie…or vmware/virtualbox/ect…

(AssortedStuff) #5

Didn’t know about sandboxie. Not sure if it is entirely correct, as I have it running (since it autostarts with Windows).
That could explain the “unexpected” kicks from the game this weekend, but then again I was able to play for a long time.

(UnaSalusVictus) #6

yeah its on the list of apps that could cause you problems, could just be the kick bug but, could be that for whatever reason ngs triggers on it sometimes but not others.

if you look around, you can find a short list of stuff thats a risk, and more stuff in a thread listed by people as they found things that triggered the anti-hack system tehy are using.