The Thunder Update v52636 - 24/11/2015

(Smooth) #1

New Merc: Thunder

Thunder tells anyone who’ll listen (and you really have no choice, THE DUDE’S LOUD) that he’s ex-Spetsnaz. He’s kind of vague on precisely which unit, or where he served, but he’s so useful under fire that nobody gets too worked up. His English really is very good, if heavily accented. In fact, no one has ever actually heard him speak or seen him read Russian, including Sparks, who definitely does. Her theory? A lot of passports suddenly became available in the chaos that followed the Dirty Bomb attacks, providing some with an irresistible chance for a clean slate… So, he’s Thunder and he’s Russian. Got it? Good.

Thunder works best as the first person into the fray to shield his allies with his massive body. He’s no slouch on offense either, as he can clear a room with a combination of LMG fire and a party favor with a nasty kick…

//youtu.be/YJ-lINaTpNI

Concussion Grenades

Thunder’s lone ability is more than enough to knock his enemies senseless. Cook and throw them like any other grenade, and they will detonate with an intense flash and concussive blast, rendering his victims helpless long enough for his team to deal with. Thunder even found a way to include an electronic scrambling effect with each explosion; any Deployable objects in the area of the explosion will be briefly disabled as well, incapable of shooting, healing or blowing themselves up.

New Primary Weapon: MK46 Light Machine Gun

The MK46: For when you just need a little more dakka. This Light Machine Gun holds more rounds than anything but Rhino’s minigun and has a fearsome rate of fire. While not as accurate as an Assault Rifle, Thunder’s never seemed to mind. After all, if it’s worth shooting once, it’s worth shooting many, many times.

Balance Changes

Augments

It’s been clear through player feedback and gameplay data that some Loadout Cards are significantly more popular than others. While our past focus has been on weapons, we’re now working through many Augments to help balance them out. Our ideal end goal is that, while still appealing to individual playstyles, each Loadout Card should be equally desirable overall.

With that in mind, we’ve begun by improving the following Augments:

[ul]
[li]Cool - Now doubles the time it takes Mounted MGs to overheat (from 1.5x)
[/li][li]Big Ears - Now enemy footsteps and other appropriate noises are 50% louder to you (from 30%)
[/li][li]Untrackable - Turrets, Mines and other deployable defenses now react 35% more slowly to your presence (from 30%)
[/li][li]Flying Pig - Now also increases Long Jump distance by 10% as well as removing falling damage
[/li][li]Enigma - Now reduces duration of being spotted by 60% (from 50%)
[/li][li]Sneaky - Now reduces the amount of sound you generate when running by 50% (from 30%)
[/li][li]Springy - Now also reduces Long Jump penalties as well as penalties for consecutive jumps
[/li][li]Quick Draw - Updated the text to better reflect the functionality: “30% faster weapon switching”
[/li][/ul]
Sparks

• [li]Quick Charge augment no-longer allows Sparks to fire extra shots with her REVIVR and only reduces the charge time as intended

[/li]Proxy

• [li]Reduced the collision box on Proximity mines so they sit more flush with the environment

[/li]Other Changes

New User Flow

Your feedback, through the new Feedback Tool and across community channels, has helped us to get new players up to speed a little more quickly. Pop-ups now describe features as they’re unlocked, so players know what they’ve achieved and what they’re in for next!

We’ve adjusted the rewards for the first few levels of play. When a player reaches Level 2 (after their first match), they now get a New Operative case - An Equipment Case that only contains Loadout Cards for Aura and Skyhammer. The resulting Loadout Card can be used in the next match for greater clarity on how they work within the game.

The credits usually gifted at Level 2 are being added to the Level 4 reward, for 25,000 Credits all at once. This gives players enough (or nearly enough) Credits to permanently unlock a Merc.

General

[ul][li]In Objective Mode, the base spawn wave timers are now more greatly impacted by the player count on each team. This is to help counteract imbalanced teams and maintain the intensity of the game between different match sizes.
[/li][LIST][li]For example, teams with 8 players now have a 30s spawn wave, 4 players have a 15s spawn wave and 2 players have a 7.5s spawn wave[/ul]
[/li][li]Updated the Public Skill Rating system (used for balancing Casual games) to include a longer game history and exclude shorter matches
[/li][/LIST]
User Interface

[ul][li]Added the status of Daily Play Bonuses to the Quick Join screen
[/li][li]Added Voice Receive Volume to front end Settings menu
[/li][li]Removed Win & Loss stats from Profile page due to them reporting inaccurate values
[/li][li]Improved appearance of completed Missions in dropdown menu
[/li][li]Added Steam DLC link to the Store[/ul]
[/li]

Audio

[ul][li]Updated Knife attack audio
[/li][li]Continued work on the audio mix to prioritize important gameplay elements
[/li][/ul]
Maps

[ul][li]Updated the level lighting to improve player guidance throughout Dome
[/li][li]Continued collision, performance and bug fixing on Dome
[/li][li]Continued collision, performance and bug fixing on Overground
[/li][/ul]
Notable Bug Fixes

[ul][li]Fixed bug where players could spawn with the incorrect Merc for their chosen Loadout Card
[/li][li]Fixed several bugs with Mounted Machine Guns by reworking their behavior
[/li][li]Fixed bug where the EV was almost immune to Molotov fire damage
[/li][li]Fixed bug where the wrong objective icons would show on some loading screens
[/li][li]Fixed bug where players spotted by IR Goggles weren’t visible through Smoke when spectating
[/li][li]Fixed bug where healing audio wasn’t always playing for Healing Stations
[/li][li]Fixed bug where revive audio wasn’t playing for spectators
[/li][li]Fixed bug where Rhino’s Minigun firing audio could sometimes not play
[/li][li]Fixed bug with missing reload audio when ironsighting with the Ahnuld-12
[/li][li]Fixed bug where the first person SMG-9 reload audio was heard by other players
[/li][li]Fixed bug where Medics could obtain Revive Badges by killing and reviving their team-mates with Friendly Fire enabled
[/li][li]Fixed bug where the next map wasn’t always highlighted in lobbies
[/li][li]Fixed bug where winning map would not be chosen or displayed correctly in pre-game lobby
[/li][li]Fixed bug where the Blishlok obituary icon wasn’t showing correctly
[/li][li]Fixed bug where Phantom’s Refractive Armor wasn’t disabled when planting C4 in Execution
[/li][*]Fixed numerous text bugs throughout the game[/ul]

(poiuasd) #2

The blind on the conc nade is way too powerful, it has a seemingly infinite range and since you can cook the nade it’s impossible to avoid.

(spookify) #3

OK so just got done playing for an hour of Thunder:

MG46:
Has to much Horizontal Recoil.
ROF Sound Seems Off
Very Slight More Spread Recovery.

• I was getting owned my Aura’s and Shotguns at semi close range. Are his hit-boxes a lot bigger?

Thunders Nade:
You still get concussed if you hide behind a sign (Example White Chapel)
You still get concussed if you hide behind the Containers on Terminal toward the flag
You still get concussed no matter how far you throw it
You still get concussed if you back is turn (100% Concussed!)
Concussed player animation is weird if the concussed player is shooting. As if he is not concussed. Should be a symbol above his head!

Cooking is now 3 seconds (One less then Fragger) Annoying… Throws off muscle memory!

If the concussion nades worked as the should the 17 seconds is perfect.

All in All muhhh… Flashed myself more then the enemy haha! Like full on Flashes when I was behind cover with no direct line of sight and super far away still not even looking at it full flash. This could be do to specific area’s of the maps however I seemed to find a lot of them.

30 second spawns on a 8vs8 pub? Are you crazy?

Only reason I join 8vs8 is because I want more action and now everyone is dead for half an hour and no action is to be found. Half the spawn waves get full wiped and then we wait for 15 seconds. NO FUN ALLOWED.

(Szakalot) #5

its fine, finally there is some pacing to the game rather than a pure tdm. 8v8 is still a huge clustershag

This is exactly why there are 5v5 6v6 and 7v7 gamemodes - in case you don’t like clustershads. Leave 8vs8 alone.

(titan) #7

please make it 5 seconds it’s so horrid having to time it differently and without the finger animation either D:

(Smooth) #8

[QUOTE=Zar.;541846]30 second spawns on a 8vs8 pub? Are you crazy?

Only reason I join 8vs8 is because I want more action and now everyone is dead for half an hour and no action is to be found. Half the spawn waves get full wiped and then we wait for 15 seconds. NO FUN ALLOWED.[/QUOTE]

8v8 used to be 26s, it’s only 4s longer now, so on average 2s extra per death.

(spookify) #9

I think Thunders Cooling is 3 seconds. My mistake.

Whatever it is is should be the same as fragger. :-p

(titan) #10

ya in my head I thought 5 seconds seemed like ages for fraggers nade but I just took your word for it haha

in regards to thunder, why the hell do I keep flashing myself it’s so weird… the enemy has to be hit directly with it to be stunned but for the thrower they get stunned regardless of how far away it is, and turning around doesn’t seem to help much, creates such a weird inconsistent feeling :frowning:

(spookify) #11

[QUOTE=titan;541861]ya in my head I thought 5 seconds seemed like ages for fraggers nade but I just took your word for it haha

in regards to thunder, why the hell do I keep flashing myself it’s so weird… the enemy has to be hit directly with it to be stunned but for the thrower they get stunned regardless of how far away it is, and turning around doesn’t seem to help much, creates such a weird inconsistent feeling :([/QUOTE]

If you disregard the Flashing Bug of yourself what do you think of Thunder?

Even if the flash works which you dont know half the time Thunder is still wonky. Its very hard to explain.

(titan) #12

I get what you mean you aren’t crazy, he takes a ton of damage probably just cause of his hitbox and somehow with 160hp he feels squishier than most other mercs

his concussion grenades seem to suffer from what I feared which is why ever take thunder over fragger? If i need to get a direct hit to stun then I could have just blown them up with a grenade instead.

And the reload on his gun is too long, not in terms of his power but just in terms of fun and game flow. Can’t get into a groove when the reload is so disgustingly long, its a real challenge to reload with him and again why take him over fragger? Fraggers lmg can spray down teams just as effectively as thunders.

(ragnak) #13

As expected, there isnt even a single reason to take thunder over fragger. His lmg is pretty horrible (i rather use an smg), he is easier to kill than a fragger (for whatever reason) and his nades are straight out downgrade from fragger nades, on top of being more harsh on your character.

Fragger will stay a king for another year or longer i guess, because **** balance.

(PixelTwitch) #14

As expected a patch that feels just as broken if not more so then the previous…

So disappointed…

(Neo_TA) #15

yes very true pixel but can u do me a favour? can you ruddy stop rage quitting outta matches when your team starts losing it was a flipping pub ffs thanks

also the matter on thunder the nades are way too much right now they should be like csgo flashbangs. if they flash behind the player u shouldnt get any flash if in field of view ofc flash. and when u do get flash i believe it takes way too long for the white screen to disappear

heres alil match i played vs 4 thunders and 1 medic GG

ofc we got rekt no surprise there

(Raviolay) #16

Would love to play but the game wont load the map… battlefront it is then.

(PixelTwitch) #17

[QUOTE=Neo_TA;541880]yes very true pixel but can u do me a favour? can you ruddy stop rage quitting outta matches when your team starts losing it was a flipping pub ffs thanks

also the matter on thunder the nades are way too much right now they should be like csgo flashbangs. if they flash behind the player u shouldnt get any flash if in field of view ofc flash. and when u do get flash i believe it takes way too long for the white screen to disappear

heres alil match i played vs 4 thunders and 1 medic GG

ofc we got rekt no surprise there[/QUOTE]

lol your right it was rage quit but not cause losing…

The game is horrible to play with the fps stutters and drops.
That is the only round I have played all week, just wanted to see if the patch fixed any of the important stuff…
nope…

(mccrorie) #18

Getting crazy stuttering tonight.

(Exedore) #19

Can those experiencing stuttering provide any more info? Thanks.

(PixelTwitch) #20

I get stutters when…

I turn a corner and see a player up close
Hear an airstrike is about to come in
Switch to a weapon for the first time that game
Just before I die
Just after I spawn
When entering a new area
When someone else joins the server
When a spawn wave happens even if I am not there
Going in and out of sniper scopes
+