New AMD Crimson driver broke game

(FantasticMango) #1

I just installed the new AMD Crimson drivers and they appear to have broken the game. Every time I am in the middle of loading a map, the game freezes. I can see that nothing is happening in the task manager and I have to kill the process manually. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

I was running the game just fine with the older drivers. An hour later with the new drivers, this happens.

Steam profile with pc specs if needed: https://steamcommunity.com/id/42_/

(Raviolay) #2

[QUOTE=FantasticMango;541834]I just installed the new AMD Crimson drivers and they appear to have broken the game. Every time I am in the middle of loading a map, the game freezes. I can see that nothing is happening in the task manager and I have to kill the process manually. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

I was running the game just fine with the older drivers. An hour later with the new drivers, this happens.

Steam profile with pc specs if needed: https://steamcommunity.com/id/42_/[/QUOTE]

Same hear pal, however the game worked prior to the thunder update…

(FantasticMango) #3

It didn’t even work prior to the thunder update here with the new drivers. I’m likely just going to install the latest beta drivers before the crimson ones came out. It seems that people are having issues across a number of different games as well. Looks like all Crimson added was a touch of fanciness and instability.

(Raviolay) #4

Game now runs for me but I must disable crossfire, did you delete your old drivers before installing the new?

(FantasticMango) #5

I didn’t delete the old drivers before. Never had to. Can give that a try. I also tried manually disabling crossfire entirely before, but for some reason with the new patch it kept reenabling itself. Will give both a try next week when I get back.

(Raviolay) #6

Disable in additional settings mate, as doing it via game settings still caused it to freeze for me :frowning: hope it helps…

(Raviolay) #7

So is there a fix for this?

(FantasticMango) #8

I ended up just rolling back to the beta patch before Crimson came out. Everything works perfectly fine and crossfire profiles work as they should. Meaning I can keep crossfire on in general and it will turn off automatically when running Dirty Bomb.