New Merc Roll Call: Thunder

(DarkangelUK) #1

Russian(ish) frontman Thunder will light up your life, whether you like it or not.

//youtu.be/YJ-lINaTpNI

(Faraleth) #2

Thanks for the post. Here’s a few notes I got as an extract from the stream round-up today:

[ul]
[li] New merc coming soon - Thunder.[/li]> [li] Brand new LMG comes with Thunder, the MK-46.[/li]> [li] Concussion grenade is ALSO an EMP (perhaps this is why they didn’t want to give Phantom the ability?).[/li]> [li] The concussion grenade EMP function does NOT affect the EV, it only affects deployables.[/li]> [li] Concussion grenade intensity varies depending on how close to the blast you are, and how much you are looking at it.[/li]> [li] Thunder’s 3 available weapons are: MK-46, Timik-47 and the Stark AR.[/li]> [li] Thunder has 160hp.[/li]> [li] Thunder’s movement speed is “about the same” as Fragger. He might be marginally slower, but no exact unit speed was given.[/li]> [li] Cooldown on concussion grenade is 17 seconds (the same as Fraggers grenade).[/li]> [li] EMP works on ALL deployables - this means turrets, proxy mines, healing stations and more![/li]> [li] Concussion grenades do NOT affect team-mates, nor their deployables.[/li]> [/ul]

(Glottis-3D) #3

I hope MK-46 is better than Timik-47

I play Stoker scecifically with Timik47 a realy realy LOT, forcing myself o get used to the gun, but every single time i switch to Skyhammer with M4, i feel so much better. It feels like coming home from 12h working night on the crapy cargo truck with one broken wheel.

(Szakalot) #4

last time I used it it felt like a little less DPS k121 with a considerably bigger magazine and very accurate initial fire. Plus the ironsights weren’t all that bad, so you could snipe people quickly.

(poiuasd) #5

The MK46 that’s currently in the game files is statistically the best automatic gun in the game.

(mccrorie) #6

Already got the 50k and almost have enough credits for an immediate bronze purchase.

(mccrorie) #7

Been playing him a little bit, and I’m confused. Can one of you SD guys please explain, in your own words, why I would ever pick Thunder over Fragger (or Skyhammer) when I want to play competitively and just not just for kicks? Every time I hit a group of players with the flash, I realise I would have been much more effective if I were playing as Fragger instead.

(PixelTwitch) #8

that 10 extra hp dude!

if Snipers and Nades still instagibbed then maybe he would be useful but hey…

(light_sh4v0r) #9

[QUOTE=Glottis-3D;541819]I hope MK-46 is better than Timik-47

I play Stoker scecifically with Timik47 a realy realy LOT, forcing myself o get used to the gun, but every single time i switch to Skyhammer with M4, i feel so much better. [/QUOTE]

I feel exactly like that. I have no experience with driving broken trucks though :slight_smile:

(PixelTwitch) #10

Is Stoker still not doing damage to Generators a bug?

Or do you really want him to only do 5-10% each molotov?

(Glottis-3D) #11

what i came down with is Timik is mostly for Bodyshots and M4 is for heads.

not only dew to Timik’s recoil but also to its spread climb. after some shots even if i managfe to compensate recoil spread alrdy got mad, and i fail to get the heads.

(Glottis-3D) #12

[QUOTE=PixelTwitch;541912]Is Stoker still not doing damage to Generators a bug?

Or do you really want him to only do 5-10% each molotov?[/QUOTE]

on the one hand yes - Molotov is too weak against generators, but also Airstrikes are too powerfull against those. Arty gets them destroyed with 1 strike? should be 1 strike + 10 shots. same for Skyhammer

(poiuasd) #13

Arty needs to land 3 or 4 strikes on a generator to destroy it, generators seem to have about the same amount of health as an EV.

I’m pretty sure it’s map specific. On Dome, 2 arty strikes is enough, on Trainyard you need 4.

(Mustang) #15

Yes it’s map specific, not by design though, I believe Dome has the correct heath, but it hasn’t been rolled out to the other maps yet.