Help , GTK radiant not saving my newly created maps

(Kic) #1

HI
I have problem .
GTK radiant 1.5 and 1.4 not saving new maps , only saving changes in old created maps I had on DVD .
GTK radiant 1.5 and 1.4 are right installed and works .
I installed GTK radiants several times .
I have Windows 8.1 64-bit .

Thanks

(KeMoN) #2

Since I have never personally encountered this problem I just entered “gtk radiant not saving maps” into google and tada.

Hope it helps and remember, google is your friend :wink:

Cheers

(Kic) #3

Thanks Kemon it works for radiant 1.4 , but not for radiant 1.5 .

(KeMoN) #4

Unfortunately I can’t seem to find anything for GtkRadiant 1.5, sorry.
If no one else can help you with this issue, then you can either reinstall GtkRadiant 1.5 or maybe also try the newest version GtkRadiant 1.6.4. Both available through here.

When I started mapping I remember using GTK 1.4 and for a short period of time 1.5, but I quickly switched over to NetRadiant. I’ve been using it for years now and it does feel way smoother to me. The biggest difference in handling is the frame-selection from NetRadiant compared to the click-hold-and drag selection in GtkRadiant, if that makes any sense. Maybe you could also try and give that one a go.

Cheers

(Kic) #5

Yes Kemon
I cant run GTK radiant 1.6.4 , giving me error - no games setup , aborting , an unrecoverable error occured .
I have game directory ET etmain .
I downloaded also microsoft visual studio and radiant 1.6.4 giving me error .
Thanks

(KeMoN) #6

At this point I honestly would completely ditch GTK and switch over to NetRadiant. Maybe you should really try it out?
Sorry I can’t help you more.

(Teuthis) #7

I recommend updating windows and reinstalling the radiant. 1.5 works for me on windows 8 so can’t be a big issue. Otherwise use 1.4 which works for yu or test netradiant. A lot of good maps were born on 1.4 and netradiant.

(KeMoN) #8

If you are feeling overly motivated you could try TrenchBroom.
It is being mentioned now and then, but I have not heard extensive feedback around here. I’m highly interested, but never had the motivation of getting used to a completely differnt UI.

(Teuthis) #9

[QUOTE=KeMoN;541679]If you are feeling overly motivated you could try TrenchBroom.
It is being mentioned now and then, but I have not heard extensive feedback around here. I’m highly interested, but never had the motivation of getting used to a completely differnt UI.[/QUOTE]

As much as I love to see how this UI works I’m afraid non of the folks here can then help with issues that arise during the mapping process, at least not if they are UI dependent

(twt_thunder) #10

Or install 1.6 latest… Works nice on my windows 7 proffesional atleast