Windows 8.1 64-bit on notebook dont allow radiant 1.5 create bsp file

(Kic) #1

HI
sorry When I compile it show window with building bsp in GTK radiant 1.5 but it dont create bsp file in maps directory .
I have Windows 8.1 64-bit on notebook .
What to do ?

Thanks

(Teuthis) #2

[QUOTE=Kic;541489]HI
sorry When I compile it show window with building bsp in GTK radiant 1.5 but it dont create bsp file in maps directory .
I have Windows 8.1 64-bit on notebook .
What to do ?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Do you get an error message during the compilation process? Did you use the search function to look for the bsp? I am running windows 8.1 too and have no problems on my PC.

I suggest you check all setup preferances and the compilation summary. One of the last sentences should be that your bsp file was created successfully. Did you follow the compilation summary? Think you need to press ‘m’ during the compilation process to open the menue.

(Kic) #3

Q3map2 wrote bsp created . I loaded it in game and is working , but bsp is not show in maps directory , but exists . Bsp showed in file manager Servant salamander but not showed in windows file manager and also not showed in freecommander - interesting .
Sorry my English .

(Teuthis) #4

[QUOTE=Teuthis;541492]Do you get an error message during the compilation process? Did you use the search function to look for the bsp? I am running windows 8.1 too and have no problems on my PC.

I suggest you check all setup preferances and the compilation summary. One of the last sentences should be that your bsp file was created successfully. Did you follow the compilation summary? Think you need to press ‘m’ during the compilation process to open the menue.[/QUOTE]

I recommend having two ET installations, one for playing and one for mapping. This way you keep your mapping installation clean and only few files accumulate in this section. So it is easier to find all your files.

(Mateos) #5

What Teuthis said, and for your mapping install, make a shortcut to ET.exe with +set sv_pure 0, otherwise the game will only find BSP files packaged in a PK3.

(Teuthis) #6

I always use this tool to run my Bsp. safes so much time and the tool is just awesome.