One request for the devs

(_milla) #1

Hi SD! I have only 1 request for little cosmetic change in the game menu.

I own lots of loadouts cards for almost all the mercs. But sometimes I forget which one I have assigned for current squad. I change them quite often.

Is it possible to add this feature, if I click on merc in my squad, assigned loadout will show too as on the picture?

Iam attaching pucture (LC - assigned loadout card)

thanks!!

(Cankor) #2

Yes, Agree

(DB Genome editor) #3

Why even bother with having to click on the merc icon to know what loadout is assigned to him/her? The lobby menu shows all that info in a single view and there is no reason for the main one to be any different. In fact it’s actually poor interface design to have similar yet different ways of doing the exact same things in different places.

This is what I’d like to see:

Mind you, that version could be improved as well as it is not obvious at first glance that the little man icon is to pick a different merc while the “Change” button is to swap loadouts on the current merc. Different button size and colors, as well as one having text and the other not also don’t help selling the relative importance of the 2 options.

(Destroy666) #4

Definitely agreed.

(_milla) #5

@Djiesse I have to slightly disagree with your idea.

Look at the picture. Its clearly you use high res LCD, i guess more than 1920*1080. Visual of your proposal is 3steps under current game welcome screen. I love the current design and the triangle.

Players with screen res below 1600*900 (majority) will see loaouds instead of merc in the middle ,because whole screen will adjust to their low res.

Also 3 loadouts instead of mercs may confuse new players. How to add new merc into squad? end so on. There are other things I dont want to mention becuse every player can imagine the change and its impact.

(DB Genome editor) #6

[QUOTE=_milla;541392]@Djiesse I have to slightly disagree with your idea.

Look at the picture. Its clearly you use high res LCD, i guess more than 1920*1080. Visual of your proposal is 3steps under current game welcome screen. I love the current design and the triangle.

Players with screen res below 1600*900 (majority) will see loaouds instead of merc in the middle ,because whole screen will adjust to their low res.

Also 3 loadouts instead of mercs may confuse new players. How to add new merc into squad? end so on. There are other things I dont want to mention becuse every player can imagine the change and its impact.[/QUOTE]

My resolution is actually 1280x780, exactly as per the picture I attached, but I do realize that the layout couldn’t work as I shown because the squad box goes too far to the right (it would not fit in a 4:3 picture which ends just after the exit icon). However the point was not to show an accurate picture, rather to highlight that there is no reason for the menu here to be different from the lobby one. And if this presentation is confusing to new players (which I too believe it is as I mentioned in my previous post), then it needs to be improved because it will be just as confusing in the game lobby…