F for Pick up overrides Plant/Defuse

(FireWorks) #1

This one has bother me for quite some time now:

Most noticeable it is for someone like Bushwhacker when trying to defuse or plant. You want to secure yourself with the turret and place it near yourself and the bombsite. Then you press the Plant/Defuse key and nothing happens. Then you press it again and after your duty done, you notice the turret gone.

This also works with healing and ammo stations. They are always being taken first even when out of sight.

Kinda similar to the old bug of helping up on players that are lying on the C4. A priority change would be very nice :slight_smile:

(Rémy Cabresin) #2

I usually just scream on coms :O)

(Szakalot) #3

why cant they give us a defuse tool you could pull out in advance… solves all these problems

(alphabeta) #4

I don’t want to have 30 buttons for every function. Just get the priority straight. Defuse/plant first. Help up second. Remove/place turret third. Or make the interaction boxes smaller.

(Mustang) #5

Just make it what is nearest the center of your screen rather than what is the first thing in range, sometimes I want to be able to help-up a Proxy sat on the C4 rather than defusing it myself.

(Glottis-3D) #6

what if it is a secondary c4 obj, and Help up is more important?
or even a Primary obj, but help up is still more important?

i vote for selectable Obj tool

(Nail) #7

selectable tools please

(light_sh4v0r) #8

Yes, a request that sounds oddly familiar. Didn’t some AAA title from a couple of years ago have the same problem?

(Destroy666) #9

This was reported so many times and nothing was done. While turrets can be easily placed out of the range of the F button, a teammate dying on the dynamite and not tapping out is a burden, basically a lost game.

(KoP) #10

A lot of things being discussed here are already as design!

For teammates dying on C4, if you are aiming directly at a C4 the disarm action should take priority over help up. If you press F and begin the help-up action first you’ll remain locked into the help-up action regardless of your aim. I’ll bring it up with Naxxus for more thorough testing, but can anyone confirm that it is the above that is definitely failing in live situations, and not a misunderstanding of the priority rule?

FireWorks, for the turret issue - if you do a search for ‘m_InteractionPriorityOrder’ in your ShooterGame.ini, how does that look? It should by default prioritise objective actions over use actions, but must be failing under some circumstance…

Thanks!

(Mustang) #11

Can you elaborate on exactly how the priority system has been implemented?

Is it the item nearest your crosshair? The item physically nearest you? The item in range and highest on a list?

If it’s what you’re looking at (i.e. nearest your crosshair), which I’d have thought it should be, and you seem to be indicating that it is, then what is the need for a list at all?

(Welcome back by the way!)

(Rémy Cabresin) #12

[QUOTE=4lxndr;542221]A lot of things being discussed here are already as design!

For teammates dying on C4, if you are aiming directly at a C4 the disarm action should take priority over help up. If you press F and begin the help-up action first you’ll remain locked into the help-up action regardless of your aim. I’ll bring it up with Naxxus for more thorough testing, but can anyone confirm that it is the above that is definitely failing in live situations, and not a misunderstanding of the priority rule?

FireWorks, for the turret issue - if you do a search for ‘m_InteractionPriorityOrder’ in your ShooterGame.ini, how does that look? It should by default prioritise objective actions over use actions, but must be failing under some circumstance…

Thanks![/QUOTE]

[ShooterGame.SGContextActionManager]
m_InteractionPriorityOrder=PIT_DISARM
m_InteractionPriorityOrder=PIT_ARM
m_InteractionPriorityOrder=PIT_CONSTRUCT
m_InteractionPriorityOrder=PIT_REPAIR
m_InteractionPriorityOrder=PIT_PDA
m_InteractionPriorityOrder=PIT_PICK_UP
m_InteractionPriorityOrder=PIT_DELIVER
m_InteractionPriorityOrder=PIT_USE
m_InteractionPriorityOrder=PIT_HACK

From mine(haven’t personally edited it, this is default from this Contextactionmanager section), do we read this as in from top to bottom is the order in which it prioritizes? And would manually changing the order mean that you can personally alter the order as you prefer it?

(alphabeta) #13

Please provide info as this priority bug has lost us a number of comp matches!

(KoP) #14

[QUOTE=adeto;542235]
do we read this as in from top to bottom is the order in which it prioritizes? And would manually changing the order mean that you can personally alter the order as you prefer it?[/QUOTE]

Yes, this specfic part of the interaction is client-side, you can change the ordering to your preference. :smiley: Things listed first will have higher priority.

[QUOTE=Mustang;542225]
Is it the item nearest your crosshair? The item physically nearest you? The item in range and highest on a list?

If it’s what you’re looking at (i.e. nearest your crosshair), which I’d have thought it should be, and you seem to be indicating that it is, then what is the need for a list at all?[/QUOTE]
It depends on the interaction type whether your aim is relevant to it or not. C4 plants must be done standing within the plant area, a volume around an objective, without view restriction. C4 defusal requires you to be looking at a small area around the C4 itself. These specific rules could vary for future objectives.

If, after any specific interaction rules are passed, there are multiple valid interactions then the prioritisation list comes in and sorts accordingly. In the case of a dead player on C4 by looking at C4 the disarm interaction comes in and priority should immediately discard the help up interaction - if it has not already started.

Turret reclaim is actually not in the default list, which means it should be discarded if any listed intereaction is also present. This must be failing for FireWorks example to occur. You can add “+m_InteractionPriorityOrder=PIT_RECLAIM” to explicitly define the priority of this action though - if you added it at the top before all the others and locked the file (not recommended!), the issue would occur 100% of the time.

(poiuasd) #15

Does m_InteractionPriorityOrder=PIT_PICK_UP mean picking up a milk jug and does it include helping up a teammate?

(KoP) #16

Yes, just for objectives. Help up is not listed and should be discarded for any listed action - which must be failing if people are getting help-up instead of disarm, but I can’t reproduce that this morning…

You can add it to the explicit priority checks with this though:
+m_InteractionPriorityOrder=PIT_HELP_UP

(Glottis-3D) #17

This priority doesnt work.
When i start disarm over the body it starts to pickup.

lets me finish my teammate with a knife or give me disarm tool plz.
i literally start writing in chat ‘PLZ press K, mate a cant disarm’

(poiuasd) #18

What if help up had a dedicated keybind? Is it too late to change that?

(Glottis-3D) #19

or this.
anything, that will help me to win matches instead of loosing because of wrong priority.

but what about reclaiming mine or a turret or a heal station? will it still stay a priority-based thing?

(Glottis-3D) #20

once again, i was killed over the C4, and Buskwacker started pick up.
had to /kill myself =/