New detection ability

(Szakalot) #1

A hacking tool/listening device that reveals enemy positions upon ‘interrogating’ an incap enemy.

The hacking device can be used on enemy non-gibbed bodies to reveal positions of other enemies. Either within a certain radius of the body, or even the whole team. Hacking has to be done continuously if you want to keep revealing.

The incapacitated player can /kill to deny further spotting. The hacking tool wielder can preselect the hacking tool and detect enemies off a sneaked-upon incap body before the opponent is fast enough to /kill.

It will provide an interesting meta of ‘this recon is coming at me, gotta /kill’ vs. ‘i can’t /kill cause im hoping for a rezz’.

The detection starts off with a pulse to reward successful interrogation. After that it is continuous as long as the recon keeps using his abiility and the body is not gibbed.

(Glottis-3D) #2

Ladies should have a more hacking speed…koz…you know ladies know how to get info from a tired man… =))))

(Szakalot) #3

yes, give aimee an interrogation tool and be done with it. Imagine all the hilarious dialogue!

(BioSnark) #4

To me, it sounds very weak because when a downed player has an opponent over them, there’s very little chance they will get revived so little incentive not to /kill except by players who don’t know how. Perhaps more useful as an AoE passive ‘communications hack’ on downed enemies or some such. Would need to compete with Vasili’s unless Aimee got some significant changes.

(Szakalot) #5

thats why the initial pulse. If the recon gets close enough (doesn’t have to be melee range, could be a few metres) the other team gets insta punished with a full reveal. the idea is that incap mercs will be paranoid so as to /kill sooner than they’d have liked

(Glottis-3D) #6

if this is a range ability, and if it will show all mines, deployables and turrets also - very good ability. short period of time is needed.

(Szakalot) #7

im thinking a few metres like an aura station. Since the successful ‘hit’ would be client-based, I’m hoping such an ability would scare players into self-gib

(watsyurdeal) #8

Give it to Phantom…seriously, this fits his job better than anyone else.