Train tug

(Teuthis) #1

Has anyone a running prefab of the tug in railgun or praetoria and is willing to share?

Strangely i see nothing except the splines in praetoria (no clip brushes with path to the model, no trigger, no origin). In railgun i see the clip and trigger brushes (without path to the model) and no origin brushes. Very strange and I’d like to release a winter map before christmas that uses a tug…

Any help is appreciated

(trAnc3) #2

There is a path to the misc_models, and it is: models/mapobjects/cab_sd/cab.md3 and models/mapobjects/cab_sd/trailer.md3 but seems those models doesnt come along with radiant

and the one in praetoria was a custom model made by Diego

(Teuthis) #3

thanks trAnc3. The Problem is that I do not get the origin brushes when I load the map file. Without those I can’t use the prefab. Since the script_mover Needs quite a bunch of origins and since the front and back of the tug are separate movers, I Need the original prefab to get this to work. Strangely I don’t get any origins, neither in railgun nor in praetoria. In all other maps I haver no issues with the origins, just in those two and I really can’t move on without those prefabs running…

(webDogster) #4

Teuthis
Train tugs can be found in uje the lab and Bridges as well as the one in praetoria mission 3 some have used the barrel texture to wrap around the tugs but i dare say that could easily be changed
maps can be found here
http://www.ujeclan.com/mapshtml/the_lab.html

regards {WeB}DoG

(Teuthis) #5

Thank you all for your great help. I meanwhile managed to get a prefab fully working. Can be downloaded here:

(trAnc3) #6

Great prefab mate! Thanks for sharing!