Collision awkwardness with ammo and medpacks

(Rémy Cabresin) #1

//youtu.be/4mozhADKKtY

It’s quite a long video but unless you want to see all the map specific ones you get the idea after the first 5 minutes.

I’ve also not included loads of spots where this type of ‘pack collision awkwardness’ happens but I can make map specific ones if that’s wanted/needed by SD. This video for now was showing the issue and how it affects pretty much all maps.

This has bothered me for so long now and I kept postponing making a simple video :stuck_out_tongue: Personally think it is because unlike bullets and other abilities like stickers and airstrikes, the packs are the same ‘collision group’ as players so they are blocked by the same limitations as playermodels. This would probably simply be fixed if the packs get the same collision properties as bullets/explosive ability thingies.

extra timestamp:
7.45: awkwardness occurs when trying to plant a C4 on this generator on UG.

oh also I forgot to add whitechapel but that map also has plenty of similar collision issues all over the map

(Mustang) #2

Excellent video, this has been annoying for a while, but was just one of those things that I figured would get resolved with a collision pass or “if it looking like you can something, then you should be able to do it” update.

(poiuasd) #3

So basically all the packs are under the same collision category as the player models. If you can’t jump over a certain wall you can’t throw a pack over it either.
Wonder how much stuff it would break if the packs were made to obey the bullet collision walls instead of the player model ones.

(Rémy Cabresin) #4

That was one of the reasons why I postponed making a video :stuck_out_tongue: Specially since it doesn’t feel like something that is a massive issue to fix to me

(Szakalot) #5

would be nice if packs were more like other projectiles or even bullets, throwing packs through fences and tight areas adds tonthe fun+skill factor

(Rémy Cabresin) #6

Meh it shouldstill make sense when it comes to dimensions. It’d feel really stupid if you can throw medpacks through f.e last stage chapel iron bar fences etc

(KeMoN) #7

There are also problems with throwing ammo packs (don’t know about med-packs right now) at mates with full ammo. Sometimes they get stuck ‘in’ them and just bug around for a few seconds and then drop to the ground.
Mostly happens when running behind them as skyhammer on spawn and XP-whore a few packs at them.
I’ll try to capture some screenshots if it happens again

(Rémy Cabresin) #8

[QUOTE=KeMoN;540545]There are also problems with throwing ammo packs (don’t know about med-packs right now) at mates with full ammo. Sometimes they get stuck ‘in’ them and just bug around for a few seconds and then drop to the ground.
Mostly happens when running behind them as skyhammer on spawn and XP-whore a few packs at them.
I’ll try to capture some screenshots if it happens again[/QUOTE]

That’s because the pack gets ‘rejected’ if the people you are throwing them at already have full ammo