Stop giving me comp missions...

(Shanks) #1

Seriously guys.

As somebody who has a job that works in shifts, I cannot always play during peak hours. That means when I get one of these goddamn “play 2 competetive matches” missions, I will be sitting the queue for up to an hour. This is nonsense.
Combined with the fact that the player base is growing smaller by the day and that nobody even plays comp anymore, why do we still have these stupid missions?

(spookify) #2

[QUOTE=-bacon-;540238]Seriously guys.

As somebody who has a job that works in shifts, I cannot always play during peak hours. That means when I get one of these goddamn “play 2 competetive matches” missions, I will be sitting the queue for up to an hour. This is nonsense.
Combined with the fact that the player base is growing smaller by the day and that nobody even plays comp anymore, why do we still have these stupid missions?[/QUOTE]

Maybe pick a different region…

I’m USA and I play in Euro Ranked MM on my lunch Breaks…

Just saying there are ways around this but I agree the missions for that are dumb at least until Ranked MM is fixed.

(FireWorks) #3

In the EU you get ranked matches all day long in under 5mins… I guess you are in AUS/Asia since these guys complain for dead ranked since a long time.

(light_sh4v0r) #4

Competitive missions won’t live much longer :slight_smile:

(Violator) #5

You can delete unwanted missions by hitting the X top right.

(Chris Mullins) #6

This guy knows whats up

(acekiller345) #7

But now we have Execution missions… Not that I dont like Execution, but some people dont and would rather not be forced to play for a mission.

(Loki.) #8

But you are not forced to play to any mission, just delete it…

And, dont whine about losing in game currency by doing so (not you in-particular- but anyone who does)
It’s a FTP game that allows you to unlock every merc and buy cases, for free…
You just have to earn it…
And that aint hard to do…

(Destroy666) #9

You can say that about any mission, you know. Execution rounds are shorter and definitely less annoying than whole competitive matches.

(fubar) #10

No. They aren’t. 16/20 Whatever the count is, of Execution rounds take a lot longer than a Stopwatch game.

I don’t care about these missions either way, I cancel them just as I cancel the objective gamemode missions, but you and the reddit folks are a prime example of hypocrisy. Deleting the comp mission was not an option, to anyone, because apparently that’s a waste of credits and you absolutely - at all times - must do whatever mission you get. Now we’ve got Execution missions, which are the exact same thing… and everyone’s happy suddenly? Just because it’s a gamemode you may agree with? Bull****.

(amazinglarry) #11

I thought the missions were meant to just be an incentive to do X or Y within a given game session, with a good credit reward? Instead it’s turned into the “Best and only way to get credits. How can I ever be expected to get Stoker if I don’t get credits because I don’t want to play Comp or Execution or Whatever. Wah wah wah.”

FFS just play the game with the mercs and modes you enjoy. Spend a few bucks to unlock a merc if you’re enjoying the game, and only play your Objective, Stopwatch, Execution or WHATEVER you enjoy. If there’s a mission you don’t like, freaking cancel it or go do something else.

(DarkangelUK) #12

The missions are incentives to stray away from your usual play and meant to entice you to play more of the game that you may not normally think of experiencing, they aren’t meant to be ‘comfort zone’ missions to pat you on the back for doing what you do any way.

(Destroy666) #13

I’m for some unknown reason a hypocrite, yet you mention a “stopwatch game” in your post while a competitive game has obviously more steps you need to go through? Like waiting several minutes (or longer in some regions) so that the algorithm can find and match teams?

For the rest, I’m guessing you’re talking about worst case scenarios because most execution rounds I played weren’t longer than a minute, even in 8v8.

(riptide) #14

You are the biggest and most faithful “supporter” SD could ever have. The missions are there to get you to log in and play the game, like all games’ daily quests, but instead it’s making you play a specific way. It’s quite **** really. What they need to do is remove all the damn missions and increase the earn rate of credits so people can play what they want.

Forcing people into a mode or role they don’t want to play is awful. I just watched a show while rushing and trying to end the rounds in 20 seconds, win or lose. Obviously, I lost a bunch more than had I actually tried to win. Point is I ruined other’s experience because my experience is being ruined since I need credits for a stupid limited edition skin, that I should just be able to buy flat out.

P.S. 25+ rounds of execution is AWFUL. Worst part is there is a win roll and a rounds played roll, so you’re more likely to get at least 1 execution mission over anything else. It’s just all around bad.

(DarkangelUK) #15

Haha wow, you should tell that to them when I’m going mental at them about loadout cards, really poor map design/layout and questionable gameplay design choices. Ive made it well known to them that I’ll more or less be exclusively playing Execution as obj/sw aren’t in a state I want to play. Am I shouting at them to remove any missions to do with those modes? No, I accept that the missions cater to all game types, so I simply don’t do the ones for modes I don’t play and accept it.

(Runeforce) #16

I get the thing about bringing new players out of their ‘comfort zone’, but after a while (at least several hundreds of hours, if not thousands) after you get a hang of xp types and the mercs and maps, all missions really just becomes a chore, (in fact they always were, but for newbs it had a purpose: to encourage them via credit incentives to explore the game,) instead of fun, because you have to play the role you are told, instead of the role you want. Of course you could just ignore it, but you don’t want to miss out on the credits. So on a psychological level, the mission design, for me as a rather experienced player, makes the overall game less fun, simply because I feel obliged to do things I would rather not be doing, which is crazy. I mean if it had a purpose, okay, but it has no purpose any longer. And to add insult to injury, it actively encourages me to play suboptimally.
Perhaps just one ‘earn x amount of unspecified xp type in an unspecified gametype’ mission, after reaching a certain level…?

(Kl3ppy) #17

I would like to see some missions like revive x players or do x amount of damage (EV). Also I would like a split of the support missions. Change them to dish out x amount of ammo/health.