The Containment War Update v51654 - 28/10/2015

(Chris Mullins) #1

Welcome to the Containment War Update! In the latest to go live in the frag-filled world of Dirty Bomb you’ll find the official release of Exection, three new permanently unlocked maps and much, much more!!

//youtu.be/5SGUmRre8-c

Make sure to check out our Containment War Update mini-site, and then read on below for all of the juicy details.

Execution Mode

Your Merc’s abilities become even more crucial when each round is a matter of life or death. You’ll need to both wage war on and protect the Containment Shield in two new maps - Market (previously Canal) and Overground - to help decide London’s fate.

Since last showcasing Execution Mode in its prototype form, we’ve made several changes to improve the experience:

[ul]
[li]Added a new Round Start screen showing your Team’s Merc selection
[/li][li]Improved Round End, Win, Loss and Switching Sides screens
[/li][li]Added a new match status element at the top of the screen, that shows:
[/li][li]All friendly Mercs, along with their health
[/li][LIST]
[li]Enemy Mercs once spotted by a team-mate
[/li][li]Updated the Bomb carrier HUD and status updates
[/li][/ul]
[li]Added Badges, many that are Round based
[/li][/LIST]

New Merc - Stoker

//youtu.be/qbcRAwEiwFc

Stoker is as alarming as he is eloquent, lighting up some enemies with his Molotov Grenades and denying areas to others with a carpet of fiery death. He packs a long range Timik-47 Assault Rifle, and can top up his teammates with his ammo station. Tinder not included.

New Map - Dome

Set in the rusting warehouses of East London, Dome is Dirty Bomb’s largest map yet. A huge variety of routes open up a plethora of tactical opportunities and offensive options.

A hijacked airship loaded with experimental CDA tech waits to emerge from the iconic London Dome. Between it and your team are a power station that needs hacking, Containment Shield that needs cracking, and an anti-air emplacement ready to destroy the ship, not to mention a team of Mercs with a plan to stop you in your tracks.

Limited Edition Loadout Cards

For the 30 days of the Containment War event, you’ll have a chance to get exclusive, Limited Edition Loadout Cards that will never be available again. All Loadout Card variants are included, and have a small chance of being scored in Cases during the event:

[ul]
[li]CW Equipment Cases drop instead of regular Equipment Cases during the event, and can be bought in the store.
[/li][li]CW Equipment Cases give a 0.3% chance of scoring a Containment War Loadout Card.
[/li][li]CW Elite Cases can be bought in the store, and give a 10% chance of scoring a Containment War Loadout Card.
[/li][/ul]
CW Event Cases are given away as a bonus when you purchase a bundle of 10 Elite Cases, and guarantee a Containment War Loadout Card.

Get Phoenix - For Free

No, we don’t know what’s up. Either Phoenix has some hitherto unearthed compassion or he’s messing with us. Log in on the first week of the Containment War update and find him nestled amongst your other Mercs, ready to revive.

If you already own Phoenix you’ll find yourself two Elite Cases and an Obsidian card richer instead.

Updated Party Matchmaking Algorithm

Since the team-balancing system is heavily restricted when a large Party is involved, we wanted to introduce a system where the larger the searching Party, the smaller the skill variance they will search for. This means that matches involving a large Party will be more balanced in terms of skill but they can take longer to find.

Matchmaking Search Range Bar

To visualise this change, we have added a Matchmaking Search Range Bar. This will expand over the course of 5 minutes until it hits it’s maximum skill variance threshold.

Profile Stats Screen

You can now see lifetime stats for your Matches, Mercs and Weapons. This is our first pass, please leave your feedback and let us know what you would like to see!

Feedback Feature

Let us know how you’re getting on in Dirty Bomb - the new ‘Feedback Feature’ allows you to rate the game and leave a comment.

New Level Requirement for Competitive

So that new players will be better equipped before entering the mode, we’re now unlocking Competitive at Level 7. Anyone below Level 7 that already has a rank will continue to be able to play in Competitive mode.

Quick Join Unlocks

We’re now unlocking game modes via Quick Join based on player level, leading new players from the simplest to the most involved game mode as they progress:

[ul]
[li]Execution Mode - Level 1
[/li][li]Objective Mode - Level 3
[/li][li]Stopwatch Mode - Level 5
[/li][/ul]
New players will still be able to play any casual mode from the server browser, or by joining friends at any level.

CDA and Jackal Factions

We’re building out the lore of Dirty Bomb by introducing Factions. The defenders are the CDA (Central Disaster Authority), the new custodians of London paid to fix its radiation problem following the Dirty Bomb attacks of 2018. The attackers are Jackal, a tech-savvy criminal syndicate out to steal the CDA’s experimental technology used throughout the city. Both hire Mercenaries to do their dirty work.
For now, the changes in-game are minimal. They include:

[ul]
[li]New Jackal and CDA Win/Lose/Draw logos in all game modes
[/li][li]Re-skinned EV, Helicopter and Skycrane with Jackal camouflage
[/li][li]Updated level loading screens with Jackal and CDA branding
[/li][/ul]

Balance Changes

Fragger

[ul]
[li]Frag Grenades no longer always instagib players inside the inner (maximum) damage radius
[/li][LIST]
[li]Players on low enough health (typically 80) can still be instagibbed by the explosion if it deals enough damage
[/li][/ul]
[li]Frag Grenade - Reduced inner (maximum) damage radius to 32cm (from 64cm)
[/li][li]Frag Grenade - Increased maximum damage to 180 (from 150)
[/li][/LIST]

Nader

[ul]
[li]Martyrdom no longer always instagibs players inside the inner (maximum) damage radius
[/li][LIST]
[li]Players on low enough health (typically 80) can still be instagibbed by the explosion if it deals enough damage
[/li][/ul]
[li]Martyrdom - Reduced inner (maximum) damage radius to 32cm (from 64cm)
[/li][/LIST]

Proxy

[ul]
[li]Proximity Mines no longer always instagib players inside the inner (maximum) damage radius
[/li][LIST]
[/li][/ul]
[li]Proximity Mines - Reduced inner (maximum) damage radius to 32cm (from 64cm)
[/li][li]Proximity Mines - Increased maximum damage to 180 (from 150)
[/li][li]Proximity Mines - Increased outer damage radius to 4.8m (from 4.4m)
[/li][/LIST]

Kira

[ul]
[li]Updated Orbital Laser so it now moves at a constant speed
[/li][li]Adjusted Orbital Laser speed to 7.6 m/s
[/li][/ul]

Sparks

[ul]
[li]Increased REVIVR minimum charge time to 0.4s (from 0.35s)
[/li][li]Increased get-up time when revived using the REVIVR to 1.0s (from 0.7s)
[/li][/ul]

Vassili

[ul]
[li]Increased the detection radius of the Heartbeat Sensor by ~7%
[/li][/ul]

MoA SNPR-1

[ul]
[li]Reduced time between shots to 1.3s (from 1.4s)
[/li][li]Increased magazine size to 6 (from 5)
[/li][li]No longer always instagibs if it kills a target with a headshot, however players on low enough health (typically 50) can still be instagibbed
[/li][li]Now gibs any downed enemy with a single shot, regardless of hit location
[/li][/ul]

FEL-IX Sniper Rifle

[ul]
[li]Reduced time between shots to 1.5s (from 1.7s)
[/li][li]Increased magazine size to 7 (from 6)
[/li][li]No longer always instagibs if it kills a target with a headshot, however players on low enough health (typically 50) can still be instagibbed
[/li][li]Now gibs any downed enemy with a single shot, regardless of hit location
[/li][/ul]

Dreiss AR

[ul]
[li]Increased damage per round to 26 (from 25)
[/li][/ul]

Burst Fire Rifles

We’ve updated the two Burst Fire rifles to differentiate them a little more from other automatic rifles and each other. Now each rifle deals more damage per-burst with a greater delay between each burst. Overall damage-per-second has been lowered a little to only just higher than fully automatic rifles.

BR-16

[ul]
[li]Increased magazine size to 30 (from 27)
[/li][li]Increased damage per round to 17 (from 15)
[/li][li]Reduced rate of fire to 800RPM (from 857RPM)
[/li][li]Increased delay between bursts to 217ms (from 133ms)
[/li][/ul]

Stark AR

[ul]
[li]Increased magazine size to 27 (from 24)
[/li][li]Increased damage per round to 18 (from 15)
[/li][li]Increased delay between bursts to 260ms (from 133ms)
[/li][/ul]

Augments

[ul]
[li]Reduced Get-Up Augment to give 30% extra health when reviving (from 50%)
[/li][/ul]
This brings Get-Up in line with some of the other useful Medic augments and should also slightly reduce the impact of revive ‘trains’

Other Changes

User Interface

[ul]
[li]Removed Competitive Missions from the game
[/li][li]Servers unavailable to you due to with min/max level requirements will now be greyed out in the server browser
[/li][li]Added the current Loadout Card and Match stats of the player you are following when Spectating
[/li][li]Updated the visual treatment of Missions
[/li][li]Added a Call Vote option to the in-game Menu, in addition to the current F5 shortcut
[/li][li]Improved in-game Voting interface to be more visible, show the required player count for a Vote to Pass and print a system message when a vote fails
[/li][li]Added new Objective Indicator icons that fade out unless they are at the very edge of the screen
[/li][li]Muting players now also mutes text chat
[/li][li]Players can now call a Vote to Surrender a Competitive Match
[/li][LIST]
[li]If all players on a team disconnect, the game will Auto-Surrender for them after 60 seconds
[/li][/ul]
[li]Players can now call a Vote to Restart the Map within the first three minutes of a Casual game
[/li][li]Enemy Merc selection is not visible on the scoreboard until they have been seen by one of your team
[/li][/LIST]

Audio

[ul]
[li]Completely reworked audio for the BR-16 Assault Rifle
[/li][li]Tweaked Stark AR firing audio
[/li][li]Added additional audio for in-game Voting feedback
[/li][li]Continued to improve audio mix, prioritizing gameplay feedback
[/li][li]Added back Win, Lose and Objective based Music to the Music volume slider
[/li][li]Temporarily disabled incap confirmation audio for polish
[/li][/ul]

General Gameplay

[ul]
[li]Updated system graphics settings for better performance on the Low setting
[/li][li]In Casual matches, when players finish loading the map they will now automatically ready-up
[/li][li]Players who connect mid-game will now be correctly assigned to the team with the lowest casual skill-rating if player counts are even
[/li][li]Players who supply Ammo are now rewarded Fire Support XP, which is a bonus based on the amount of the Combat XP the recipient gains for the next 10s
[/li][li]Reduced XP given when providing Ammo to 10XP per magazine (from 30XP)
[/li][li]Self Kills using ‘K’ will no longer wait 2-3s to show a death ghost before respawning
[/li][/ul]

Level Design

[ul]
[li]Added an Ammo Cache to the final objective of Underground
[/li][li]Updated the roofing glass in Bridge to start off shattered
[/li][li]Fixed roof in Terminal incorrectly blocking some Airstrikes
[/li][/ul]

Notable Bug Fixes

[ul]
[li]Fixed exploit that allowed players to freeze animations using the toggleanim command
[/li][li]Fixed bug where players could respawn with the incorrect player camera
[/li][li]Fixed bug where the score per minute was reporting incorrectly for Stopwatch and Execution
[/li][li]Fixed bug where your team could be displayed as orange in the Lobby
[/li][li]Fixed bug where some interaction areas could block bullets
[/li][li]Fixed bug where players could be stuck on Quick Join if the selected server was full
[/li][li]Fixed bug where Phantom’s Refractive Armor was not disabled when starting to arm a C4 charge
[/li][li]Fixed bug where Rhino incorrectly animated when planting C4
[/li][li]Fixed bug where Health and Ammo given by Stations could be blocked by deployables
[/li][li]Fixed bug where Phantom’s Refractive Armor ‘hum’ would sometimes not be audible
[/li][li]Fixed bug where changing resolutions mid-game would lower performance
[/li][li]Fixed bug where Objective reminders could play after match end
[/li][li]Fixed bug where changing weapon key could be unresponsive during an active Vote
[/li][li]Fixed bug where Healing Stations would sometimes not provide the correct Health Insurance XP
[/li][/ul]

(Mustang) #2

Stoker… my precious!

(Domipheus) #3

Drool

#10chars

(Raviolay) #4

Just how long will this run for?

(Mustang) #5

30 days

#10chars

(light_sh4v0r) #6

Looking great :slight_smile:

(Pytox) #7

Nice, Might get phoenix too lol :smiley: nice extra cases
where is this mini-site you are talking about? :tongue:

(DarkangelUK) #8

For those that can’t be bothered waiting for the first post to be updated

//youtu.be/qbcRAwEiwFc

(spookify) #9

Who is Stoked about First Pass of STATS!!!

The Burst Fire Guns Shall be Interesting! Cant Wait to Test!!

UI and Spec UI will be Epic!

Cards = Muh… As long as Perfs are Attached… I have tons on people freak out and ask about my Founders skins because they are so rare because no one wares them. lol!

No Sniper Insta Gib is great for the game!

(Mustang) #10

1:29 Who is that sexy looking badboy?

(light_sh4v0r) #11

Woo, that’s footage from the LAN :smiley:

(Raviolay) #12

Why does fallout 4 have to land at the same time as this event :frowning:

(amazinglarry) #13

[QUOTE=shoe.;540160]
Muting players now also mutes text chat[/QUOTE]

Hallelujah! I’m hoping that includes their vsays as well?

(Runeforce) #14

oh wait, nvm…

(can’t delete my post)

(Domipheus) #15

here was me thinking ‘aww, I never got into the footage’. but ohh yeah, there I am in the team list. screw the update. I’m youtube famous boys.

Seriously, looking great. Can’t wait to play the maps again, they looked lush at the lan.

(potty200) #16

[QUOTE=Domipheus;540212]here was me thinking ‘aww, I never got into the footage’. but ohh yeah, there I am in the team list. screw the update. I’m youtube famous boys.

Seriously, looking great. Can’t wait to play the maps again, they looked lush at the lan.[/QUOTE]

1.41 I hit my only headshot of the day! Against poor old smooth :smiley:

(rookie1) #17

two Elite Cases and an Obsidian

You made me bought Phoenix …So I say its your most successful Wise Makerting shoot ! Congratz SD + Nexon .
And the Limited Edition Loadout Cards is another good one imo.
GJ!

(Domipheus) #18

Indeed, I didn’t just go buy phoenix to make sure I got the cases.

Totally didn’t.

did.

(spookify) #19

[QUOTE=Domipheus;540222]Indeed, I didn’t just go buy phoenix to make sure I got the cases.

Totally didn’t.

did.[/QUOTE]

HYPE is real! :smiley:

(light_sh4v0r) #20

[QUOTE=Domipheus;540222]Indeed, I didn’t just go buy phoenix to make sure I got the cases.

Totally didn’t.

did.[/QUOTE]

me too…