Minimum Competitive Level Change

(DarkangelUK) #1

Original announcement

A good move IMO

(Rémy Cabresin) #2

Good change idd. Though I’m wondering if there are more changes coming/needed. This is fine like this, but is it enough? I think matchmaking will keep some of the same issues unless it goes through a bigger ‘overhaul’ than just this. I’d rather have seen Unranked MM from level 5, Solo/Duo Ranked from level 10 + own 3 mercs(outside Aura/Sky) and Teams Ranked from level 10 + own 3 mercs and only registered teams/premades. Even the current MM system with level 7 would be okay but adding something like you queue with a set role(or mercs in a role) so you get matched into a more balanced composition instead of having good ‘balance’ but you’re with 5 level 7 Skyhammers/Aura’s :stuck_out_tongue: Are we getting rulesets in MM or pick and ban/drafting with this patch or will we get a lot of content and fanciness only to be stuck with the same horrible MM after we’ve calmed down from the hype?

This level 7 thing is great but it’s a very short term minded solution to a much larger issue. It will weed out some newbies/smurfs/cheaters but it won’t account for higher level issues like team composition, solo’s getting matched with premades(tho arguably thats a playerbase issue) etc.

(FireWorks) #3

Now make sure they dont get comp mode missions during their low level time. Seen some youtuber having multiple comp mode missions while he was still low lvl.

(Szakalot) #4

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FireWorks again.