Revive shield for Phoenix

(jazevec) #1

Self-revive takes several seconds to complete. After those several seconds, he starts standing up. He can be killed at that moment. Phoenix gets nothing except 60 second cooldown.

Proposal: The moment self-revive goes on cooldown, he should get a few seconds of revive shield.

Also, if Phoenix is charging Healing Pulse and switches weapon, he gets no benefit but still suffers from cooldown. But a fragger can pull out the pin from the grenade, and safely put it back.

(NeroKirbus) #2

I agree with the proposal. Without it, it makes the self-revive skill feel useless in many situations; without, it just makes it feel like an every day revive and not unique at all. It wouldn’t change the game play dramatically, and mechanically good players would still prevent it for the majority.

if you are not going to give it revive shield, at least lower the CD; it’s not as game changing as an airstrike. At least an airstrike isn’t preventable (and if it is, it refunds 75% of the CD).

For the second event, when you switch weapons, make it force the heal. At least it will have the full CD for an effect. It is already detrimental enough for a phoenix to attempt to cancel the ability. Otherwise, just have it refund for 25% CD if you wanna help alleviate poor heals.

(jazevec) #3

To clarify, I don’t mean Phoenix should get revive shield the moment he presses the button. I mean the shield should kick in once the “progress bar” finishes and you hear the revive sound. At the moment it’s possible to be killed shortly after the revive finishes, before you can stand on your feet.

(BioSnark) #4

Disagree. Self revive is annoying because of what it is, regardless of how infrequently it succeeds. Don’t make it more annoying by removing counter.

(Szakalot) #5

the counter isnt removed. You can still gib phoenix before he completes the self-revive. However, the possibility of getting gibbed AFTER completing the revive is frustrating, and feels cheap whenever I manage it (he was fast enough… oh wait he wasnt). It can always be balanced by slowing down the self-revive itself, and removing the frustration factor.

(Runeforce) #6

You can cancel it by releasing the button. Don’t complete it, if you can see you are about to get gibbed. Going through with it, is just a greedy derp move.

(light_sh4v0r) #7

I’m not a fan of a revive shield on Phoenix self revive. Instead it would make more sense to me if the cooldown starts when the getting up animation is finished. That way you don’t lose the ability when you get gibbed while getting up.

(SpawnTDK) #8

no shield! thanks.

otherwise i demand a shield for nader too, because ppl can kill her bevor the she can fire matyrdom.

(jazevec) #9

[QUOTE=SpawnTDK;539696]no shield! thanks.
otherwise i demand a shield for nader too, because ppl can kill her bevor the she can fire matyrdom.[/QUOTE]
She already has a shield. If the Martyrdom key has been pressed, Nader will explode even if a Rhino drops on her.

(SpawnTDK) #10

you can still be killed while martyrdom gets activated, so it won’t go off, if the nade is out, then it goes boom, yes. i know the activation time is shorter then on phoenix self-revive…
not sure atm. but doesn’t get phoenix up with full health again? it’s a pain in the ass when more enemies around and you didn’t had the time to finish him off.
also every other class can be killed when being revived, happens often enough when you try to stand up and drop dead half way up. also i often kill myself with martydom because i didn’t see the healer around - healer revives and half way up martyrdom goes boom.
yea … i’m a nader fanboy, 'cause i hate rhinos. :wink:

a different idea for phoenix would be to give him a bit of a reduced cooldown, like 45 seconds cd, when he gets killed in this short time from the ground to full stand up.

(jazevec) #11

No, I mean that as soon as the button is pressed, it’s over. It’s literally impossible to kill the Nader unless the player fails to press the button. A long time ago you could finish Nader. Not anymore.