Audio Cues for fallen teammate

(FireWorks) #1

Why dont you make a reliable auto sound cue for fallen teammate that actually helps medics?

Currently merc shout when suffering heavy damage (i think). If I hear this cry behind me, I got a 50/50 chance if need to do a revive or patch this guy up etc.

Can we make this a more reliably cue and just do it for dropped mates?

Also a couple months back we spoke about “being hit” feedback to the player. What happend to the “being hit sounds for headshots”? Its kinda nice to know if your opponents are able to headshot you:infiltrator:

(Protekt1) #2

This is a pretty good idea. An automatic call for medic would be okay, although not the exact same as a vsay.

(KeMoN) #3

Yes! Definitely needed. Also please consider a medic-cam like in W:ET. When you’re down the view focuses on the nearest medic, so you can estimate if it is better to tap out or not.

(happypenguin) #4

Neat idea, I’ll look into it :slight_smile:

The “being hit” sounds are indeed different for head vs body, head has a clear ring to it, if you don’t happen to hear it on a particular gun feel free to report it here, I’ll investigate this now.

Thanks,

Mattia.

(FireWorks) #5

[QUOTE=happypenguin;539550]Neat idea, I’ll look into it :slight_smile:

The “being hit” sounds are indeed different for head vs body, head has a clear ring to it, if you don’t happen to hear it on a particular gun feel free to report it here, I’ll investigate this now.

Thanks,

Mattia.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot!

For the being hit, I gotta say, I cant tell difference out of memory and lack a test environment sadly.
Reason, why I dont noticed it yet, could be that I got used to it from a game with a pretty distinct pling like if a bullet hits a helmet in WWII movies. It was way higher than the deep bodyshot sound.

I see what I can do on the out in the wild servers :slight_smile:

(Rémy Cabresin) #6

[QUOTE=happypenguin;539550]Neat idea, I’ll look into it :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Mattia.[/QUOTE]

On the ‘incap’ sounds: Why do we need a separate sounds for it? Just make the incapped player say the “Need a Medic!” VO-line without the chat notification(So it doesn’t get spammed in chat). So when someone on your team gets killed you immediately hear “Need a Medic!” and it would serve as an audio cue for newbies as-well, that when they die you need a medic or if they are a medic they know an in-capped player needs one. This would also feel a lot less intrusive to experienced players then the current massive chinese GONG blasting into your ears so you wouldn’t have to make a separate audio-setting for those little sounds(the kill confirmation and gib confirmation are very small sounds that I already stopped noticing as an experienced player, they are nowhere near as intrusive as these objective completed and incapped sounds). Also, make the objective completed GONG noise something less intrusive like the “objective completed!” vsay from the player who built it. Maybe add a tiny bit of volume to them so they are slightly more noticeable than normal vsays.

ps: I don’t think anyone minds the adding of sounds as long as they are not overly intrusive, personally I don’t even mind the new End round/game music as they don’t bother me when I’m ingame, I turned off music mainly for the main menu music and ‘immersion’-music when you near the end of a round etc.

(Szakalot) #7

what he said ^^

(FireWorks) #8

[QUOTE=adeto;539568]On the ‘incap’ sounds: Why do we need a separate sounds for it? Just make the incapped player say the “Need a Medic!” VO-line without the chat notification(So it doesn’t get spammed in chat). So when someone on your team gets killed you immediately hear “Need a Medic!” and it would serve as an audio cue for newbies as-well, that when they die you need a medic or if they are a medic they know an in-capped player needs one. This would also feel a lot less intrusive to experienced players then the current massive chinese GONG blasting into your ears so you wouldn’t have to make a separate audio-setting for those little sounds(the kill confirmation and gib confirmation are very small sounds that I already stopped noticing as an experienced player, they are nowhere near as intrusive as these objective completed and incapped sounds). Also, make the objective completed GONG noise something less intrusive like the “objective completed!” vsay from the player who built it. Maybe add a tiny bit of volume to them so they are slightly more noticeable than normal vsays.

ps: I don’t think anyone minds the adding of sounds as long as they are not overly intrusive, personally I don’t even mind the new End round/game music as they don’t bother me when I’m ingame, I turned off music mainly for the main menu music and ‘immersion’-music when you near the end of a round etc.[/QUOTE]

I mostly agree, but I think we would get pissed very fast if every downed player would cry “medic!”.

(Szakalot) #9

dunno, loved RTCW ‘hilfa!’

(BioSnark) #10

Agree with suggestion. Also, should be a local sound, not global like vsays, to include direction/distance information for the medic and to mute those that aren’t relevant.

(Rémy Cabresin) #11

Well it would atleast be less intrusive than a GONG for every death player and it would feel a lot more ‘natural’ as it’s just voices from characters ingame that we already have. As long as the volume is reasonable it should be fine.

(fubar) #12

And, naturally, it’d be part of the DIALOGUE sounds, which I can just turn off at any given time - if I so desire, without being at a loss of vital GAME sounds.

(FireWorks) #13

Honestly I am wondering where your audio experiences comes from since I cant relate. Your issues seems to be the volume of these sounds while I just dont like them. Your posts make it seem like you are dying from blasted ears.

It think it is worth looking at cause of these sounds blasting your ears. For me they are just subtile, blended in well with all the other things on the battlefield. Overdone your configs?

(Rémy Cabresin) #14

Meh, would be nice, but as long as it isn’t intrusive idc. Those kill/gib bleeps are so small I barely notice them anymore if at all, I probably also wouldn’t mind the incap and objective noises if they weren’t such insane volume compared to the rest of the game.

[QUOTE=FireWorks;539606]Honestly I am wondering where your audio experiences comes from since I cant relate. Your issues seems to be the volume of these sounds while I just dont like them. Your posts make it seem like you are dying from blasted ears.

It think it is worth looking at cause of these sounds blasting your ears. For me they are just subtile, blended in well with all the other things on the battlefield. Overdone your configs?[/QUOTE]

Compared to my other sound they are much louder, as they fall(apparently) under the hit beeps setting but the hit beeps are perfectly fine volume. That said, that’s not the point though, the point is that it doesn’t matter what the sounds are as long as they don’t break the players experience in some way. That can be volume, timing or just the noise. Like I said, the gong makes no sense why not have just ‘Need a Medic’ when you get incapped or other VO lines as they would be more natural to the game than a gong regardless of volume.