The main reason ranked MM sucks.

It takes ONLY ONE MINUTE to fully expand the search range and match bronzes with elites.

Slow the hell down. What’s the rush?
It would make way more sense to have a halfway expansion at 10 minutes and full expansion at 20(or ideally never)

(Szakalot) #2

that is not the main reason. main reason is soloqueue vs premade problem.

(spookify) #3

I agree! The balance has a major flaw…

Elites and cobalt that solo should not have low golds, silvers or bronzes in their team…

(Smooth) #4

That looks like a bug with the search bar, it actually takes 5 minutes for the search to fully expand.

(fubar) #5

I’ve never seen it expand past it’s initial “expansion” in groups either. And the search algorithm definitely is screwed up ever since last patch. I was told that the “fix” didn’t even make it into the patch because of last minute issues, but there’s definitely been changes. Where as a search was usually between 10-15 minutes before it’d match us against silver/unranked players it now never really exceeds 3-5 minutes. It’s rather ridiculous that we, as elites and cobalts 1, should be matched versus unranked players - AT ALL. Regardless of the search expanding or not. There needs to be a hard limit, I’d rather not play at all than play versus players that far down the “skill level”, we’re not playing public servers for a reason - only to be matched with the same type of players we’re trying to avoid in first place. A simple limit ie: within 3-5 ranks match would solve the majority of issues people have with the rankings. Be elite? Lowest you can match against is Cobalt 3. You’re Gold1? Lowest you can match with is Gold5. Simple as.

Stop. Matching. Us. With. Silvers.

Even so, 5 minutes. Really? That’s ridiculously low. 5 minutes should be the breaking point at which it would include ranks 1 lower than you, not open up for everything.

Elite searches - no match within 5 minutes - include cobalt 1, no match within 10 minutes, include cobalt 2, as opposed to including unranked players right away.

Why are you trying to re-invent the wheel here? I know MM suffers from having not enough players, but there are fundamentals missing and being violated that simply shouldn’t be. Global Elite in CSGO doesn’t match you against silvers, nor does Grandmaster in SC2, or Challenger in LoL. HoN and Dota will proudly announce that there is no one to be matched against, rightfully so. Why does Dirty Bomb have to be riding the special bus?

It sure felt more than a graphical bug to me. I checked the whole opponent team, none of them had over 10 hours of gameplay clocked on their profiles. Then the whole team just quit the game before even planting the first objective. Surely they couldn’t have been ranked? Our team had 4 gold 4s and an unranked player.

Anyways, I fully agree with Oksii here. I’d rather have no match at all than a match with complete beginners.

(PW3CKA) #7

Fubar pointed it out well, they should work on dynamic matchmaking somehow exactly as he describes, and with hard limits.
(I believe that for example it can be elite, cobalt, and even together with golds 1,2. Also maybe when there is a premade of 5, with cobalt players in it, it could still match you with cobalt only enemy)

We are not in elite ranks, so we get a good games time from time. But sometimes it’s frustrating, we are high golds/ low cobalts and getting match found in 1 minute and being matched vs unranked/ silvers is just freaking waste of time for both sides. Like three matches in a row, and I am just out to play CS GO :f

We would be freaking happy to wait even 10-15 minutes, and even more if the game found would be somehow challenging.