The deathsound with the new update

(PitmanE957) #1

With this update Splash Damage added a ‘bassdrop’ when you die. I personally really dislike it and heared from other people that they do so too.
It’s like a moking ‘haha’ every time you die. What do others think?

(fubar) #2

[QUOTE=PitmanE957;539419]With this update Splash Damage added a ‘bassdrop’ when you die. I personally really dislike it and heared from other people that they do so too.
It’s like a moking ‘haha’ everytime you die. What do others think?[/QUOTE]

Annoying and useless. Are we trying to add support for blind people?

Also what’s the deal with constantly adding NEW sounds to the game that can’t be turned off? The whole “objective completed” sound, after-round sound, kill sounds, gib sounds, death sounds stuff is getting utterly obnoxious. I turned the music off for a reason, am I going to have to play with my sound entirely disabled next?

(alphabeta) #3

Especially when you are left with some endlessly repeating sound. Pain to open console and kill all sounds

(happypenguin) #4

Hi guys, Mattia here (currently sound designer on the project).
The sound was supposed to help players immediately realize they have been incapped and support that moment to make it less confusing.
The sound can be turned off by turning off hit beeps, along with kill sounds and enemy incapped sounds. The whole set of sounds is designed to help new players get a feel for the game with clear messages. If you’d prefer separate options for specific sounds I can look into that.
As far as music goes, objective related audio was never supposed to be muted by the music bus as it complements the most important moments in the game. Most players that turn music off admitted the front end music and the end of match music were the only two tracks they intended to mute, hence the switch. Again, on popular demand we can look into going back to the old system.
I’m here to listen, feed me feedback, if possible don’t make it too salty :p.

(Szakalot) #5

hit beeps are obligatory for any respectful high-skilled player, the amount of information gathered is too much to ignore.

(PitmanE957) #6

[QUOTE=happypenguin;539467]Hi guys, Mattia here (currently sound designer on the project).
The sound was supposed to help players immediately realize they have been incapped and support that moment to make it less confusing.
The sound can be turned off by turning off hit beeps, along with kill sounds and enemy incapped sounds. The whole set of sounds is designed to help new players get a feel for the game with clear messages. If you’d prefer separate options for specific sounds I can look into that.
As far as music goes, objective related audio was never supposed to be muted by the music bus as it complements the most important moments in the game. Most players that turn music off admitted the front end music and the end of match music were the only two tracks they intended to mute, hence the switch. Again, on popular demand we can look into going back to the old system.
I’m here to listen, feed me feedback, if possible don’t make it too salty :p.[/QUOTE]

The only sound that irks me is the deathsound. But I fear that just making everything an option overwhelms newer players and bloats the menu. Maybe this is a rare case where making it an .ini thing would be the best option. It doesn’t give you an advantage, right?

(poiuasd) #7

[QUOTE=happypenguin;539467]
I’m here to listen, feed me feedback, if possible don’t make it too salty :p.[/QUOTE]
Old system please. Not only are those music cues annoying but it also doesn’t make any sense to have music playing when you’ve supposedly turned it off.

(FireWorks) #8

I dont know why you would want to reinforce negative events on an “subliminal” level. This is an absolute no go from a business psychological view.

The deathsound only causes frustration for me, I dont think its a positive addition to game. Its a “haha you lost”, at it feels like it to me.

(BomBaKlaK) #9

Death sound, obj complétion sound, etc … are useless to me, I want to disable them all but I can’t without set all the sfx off … fail !

(happypenguin) #10

Alright guys, thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:
I’ll put the music stings back where they’re supposed to be (old system). You shall have the chance with the next patch.
For the incap confirmation, I will try to be less invasive with a second iteration, if that still seems like a “ah ha” rubbing it in, then we’ll catch up again :).

(Mustang) #11

Just to put in my twopence worth, I’d really like to see way more audio sliders so players can actually have a bit more control over this sort of stuff, so rather than lumping everything under “music” or “hitsounds” break it down and give audio sliders for the different stuff.

(Bangtastic) #12

I dont even notice this sound lol

(FireWorks) #13

Agreed, more sliders for a bit more control would be appreciated.

Neither did I at first… and then it haunted me…

(PixelTwitch) #14

[QUOTE=happypenguin;539467]Hi guys, Mattia here (currently sound designer on the project).

Just a quick bit of general feedback that really covers most of the recent changes in my opinion.

These general info sounds are far too full. Basically meaning they take over and distract from the rest of the mix. Really the entire mix is so screwed at the moment I am surprised to see work being done on this kinda stuff rather then balancing that out. This is why every time you add a new sound people will complain because we are already struggling to hear what we feel we need to hear.