Significantly longer map loading times.

(poiuasd) #1

So when a server is transitioning from the lobby to a map, sometimes loading the map takes at least like 4 times as long as normally and whenever this happens you’ll see a DemoRecSpectator sitting in one of the spectator slots after the loading screen but it disappears when you deploy.
Started happening a day before the October fine tuning patch and I saw some streamers having the same issue. Seems to affect all public server configurations.

(Szakalot) #2

[QUOTE=poiuasd;539318]So when a server is transitioning from the lobby to a map, sometimes loading the map takes at least like 4 times as long as normally and whenever this happens you’ll see a DemoRecSpectator sitting in one of the spectator slots after the loading screen but it disappears when you deploy.
Started happening a day before the October fine tuning patch and I saw some streamers having the same issue. Seems to affect all public server configurations.[/QUOTE]

dont think these are related, i see the demorecspectator in all games

(poiuasd) #3

I have never seen it before launching the game this morning and I still only see it when a map doesn’t load as fast as it should so that’s how I came to that conclusion.

(Violator) #4

I’ve been getting this all evening so far - taking around 2 minutes stuck on the loading screen of each map :confused:

(Tanzverbot) #5

I’ve been getting this a lot since yesterday morning (before the patch). The first couple of times i thought the game crashed.

(S0und_) #6

I can confirm this.

(alphabeta) #7

I tabbed out of the game and restarted it thinking the game had locked. Guess I’ll have to be more patient. :penguin:

(light_sh4v0r) #8

Seems to be a Chapel and Trainyard problem exclusively

(PixelTwitch) #9

Its the demospec recorder and it only loads slow if you was not in the lobby before the match starts.

(FireWorks) #10

I had the same experience: It only bugs out on joining running matches.

(PinkFrog) #11

I had it in underground too

(Kl3ppy) #12

Waiting times increased for me too, especially when joining a match after it started.

(Loki.) #13

same here…
havent played in few weeks.
jumped on the last 2 nights…
maps taking well over 90 seconds to load… i can hear the action but its just sits there …loading
once i get in… have to wait, again, to deploy into the match itself…

so annoying… similar thread on Nexon site, so its widepsread… yet no Dev response… shocker!

(Szakalot) #14

[QUOTE=Loki.;539681]

so annoying… similar thread on Nexon site, so its widepsread… yet no Dev response… shocker![/QUOTE]

I think the devs don’t say anything until they have something to say. You can be certain its being looked into. When its fixed, we will know.

(Loki.) #15

hmmm…
not a very wise ‘business model’, FTP game and all…

better to get out in-front of the issue, just acknowledging it goes along way in community confidence…

not saying a word, leaves many with the sinking feeling, the game has limited Dev support…

which in turn, leads to limited community funding… :wink:

(Szakalot) #16

on the other hand devs are treated like politicians: everything said will be remembered, and gamers are not known for forgiveness.if you say sth is gonna be fixed and it wont come in next patch, the kiddies will throw a tantrum.

there is no such thing as unlimited dev support either

(lilianb) #17

Seems to have lag sometimes, but not that much :slight_smile:

(lilianb) #18

But in general, maps are good

(Szakalot) #19

[QUOTE=Loki.;539688]hmmm…
not a very wise ‘business model’, FTP game and all…

better to get out in-front of the issue, just acknowledging it goes along way in community confidence…

not saying a word, leaves many with the sinking feeling, the game has limited Dev support…

which in turn, leads to limited community funding… :wink:[/QUOTE]

from nexon forums:

whatcha gonna whine bout now? :stuck_out_tongue:

(Loki.) #20

[QUOTE=Szakalot;539700]on the other hand devs are treated like politicians: everything said will be remembered, and gamers are not known for forgiveness.if you say sth is gonna be fixed and it wont come in next patch, the kiddies will throw a tantrum.

there is no such thing as unlimited dev support either[/QUOTE]

acknowledging the problem is not giving a timeline on fix…

yet, it still goes a long way… :wink: