hidden [][][][][][][]x.pk3 file

(dribbler99) #1

Hi,

My basic installation of ET appears to have been modded by an et-zone.de pk3 file which has changed all the menu options to having red characters. It appears to be loading a file in etmain/ called something like [][][][][][][][]x.pk3 which I believe is making the changes.

I’d like to remove this change but it doesn’t appear in loaded mods and also the above [][][][]x.pk3 file doesn’t show in the etmain directory.

Anyone else seen this problem and know what to do to remove it?

Cheers!!

(WuTangH) #2

Are you searching “[][][][][][][][]x.pk3” ?

I guess these [][][][][][][][] symbols are letters that ET doesnt show… for example § and such symbols. So dont search [][][][][][][][], but a pack with strange name. :slight_smile:

(twt_thunder) #3

Thats a bad way for clans todo it, should never been in etmain…

(Mateos) #4

Some like to ship garbage in etmain, so people are force to have a modified menu with an ugly ‘Join our server(s)’ button… When they don’t go as far as modifying the main menu itself (background, music, mouse icon, …).

(diaboliksmart) #5

New version of silEnT mod will prohibit the use of them.
But I’ve even noticed much more vicious than a single “ugly” button : on a very popular ETPro server, when you click PLAY ONLINE, the serverlist is empty, so the temptation to click on the ad-buttons is high … Anyway, clicking a second time on PLAY ONLINE brings the list back :slight_smile:

(twt_thunder) #6

If clans need this stuff you should rename your modfolder to your clanname and keep it there…

(CS_kOoL) #7

Hi all,

This kind of practice is purely & clearly putrid because it disturbs only the new players , finally a bad example !!

They have to propose this “direct_play.pk3” separately (i mean they don’t put this “pk3” on their “server/etmain”)…but it is the player who has to put it himself in his game only if he wants !!

For me , 1 more time it pastes a bad reputation to this awesome game (since longtime it is is true) and while this time they have some forced people to go on their server LOL , in fact these are any poor guys and us we have the hard life , but i don’t give up , i continue to work !!

Take a look guys , my server is the only one server to run its own “Pack HD”…for an unique quality of rendering :slight_smile: