Will there be any BIG update... eventually ?

(chenapan) #1

Hi there !
Ever since the open beta launch, i feel like things get suddenly very slow, i mean few updates with no to very small changes or just update introducing “new” merc that exist already for years now.

I am frankly expecting a LOT of new content for DB for quite some time now, like non exhaustively and in no particular order :

[ul]
[li]new maps !!!, ( not 1 or 2 but 5 new maps )[/li][li]new objective types[/li][li]more in depth story for the all game, context etc[/li][li]more depth and context for all maps, i mean the strenght of all your past game was that you have something to fight for, either steal gold from nazis to transmit some critical intel etc etc, i dont know i always felt concerned by the objective in all of your maps, but in DB i just dont care, cause there is no context, and the actual outcoming of a map doesnt feel like having any consequences in this regard the choice to have the same mercs in both attack and defense is already kind of a killer but i think you can go with it with GOOD story and context since they are all mercs’[/li](working on this could give you more ideas for great new objective types, wich would make sense )
[li]did i mention new maps ?[/li][li]some way for the community to add content to the game (maps ?)[/li][li]separation of cosmetics aspect and augments (so we can play with our favorite skin AND favorite augments )[/li][li] a load more skins for every characters, and that you go wild with this, i mean have some fun ![/li][li]btw i dont care at all about execution mode wich is totally boring, copy/pasted from other games cough, and ruin both immersion and fun (your mission is to blow whatever crate you choose to, i dont care and i dont even know what is in the crate… ) and fun[/li][li] Community servers[/li][/ul]

anyway my concern and question here is

Does the actual updates we get reflect the work you are doing on db ?
(and if that so, i wish i know this so i can resign myself to play this game for few more month before getting totally bored to death

or

Are you working on plenty of stuff you cant show for now, and you plan to do a huge release with plenty of goodness (i wish to know too, to be pumped up, and continue invest my time in this 'potentialy" greatest game ever )
also notice how i didnt ask “when” hehe

Anyway thank you for your answer and “hopefully” keep up the great work !!:penguin:

EDIT : added community servers to the expectation list

(montheponies) #2

All very good questions and points - wouldnt hold your breath for an official response.

(jazevec) #3

More, more maps! One or two doesn’t cut it, especially if they’re for a mode you don’t care about (DB wasn’t balanced for).

(Runeforce) #4

Agree on every point except the story. **** it! The environment and the characters tell the story in themselves. (And for a game were the story is irrelevant, it, and its characters, are pretty ****ing awesome!)

More maps, please!

Ps: I’d love to see Bomgoboy add aditional flavor. With you (Old Man, B-boy,) :slight_smile: it can only get better, adding to it <3

(BomBaKlaK) #5

So like the others : More maps ! (and some modifications on the old ones, the struggle is real !)

(Bangtastic) #6

pls guys dont tag an update “big” cause we know it won’t!

Have down to earth expectations, dont get caught up in daydreams :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually I expect to see some new content related to skins next year. This year we maybe see Dome and execution mode, further UI/Lobby/MM changes thats all to expect until christmas :stuck_out_tongue: sry to crush your dreams

(Protekt1) #7

According to twitter they are prepping for a giant update. Whatever that means.

(rookie1) #8

Wich Twitter account ? Nexon? link plz

(Runeforce) #9

I predict Dome and a couple of mercs, along with a huge bug fix (and props a gazzilion new bugs.) :hog:

(rookie1) #10

One Big Update for SD ,One Small update for Us ! …is it Neil Armstrong ? lol

(Protekt1) #11

@dirtybomb

if it said anything other than what I said I would have bothered to link it https://twitter.com/DirtyBomb/status/650118866727624704

(rookie1) #12

[QUOTE=Protekt1;539160]@dirtybomb

if it said anything other than what I said I would have bothered to link it https://twitter.com/DirtyBomb/status/650118866727624704[/QUOTE]

HumHuh …Im :rolleyes: but no Believer

(ZGToRRent) #13

My guess
No more Open Beta

• 1 Obsidian case
  • Something to sell/trade down cobalts
  • Stoker and Turtle
  • Dome
  • Execution

(Runeforce) #14

[QUOTE=ZGToRRent;539165]

• Something to sell/trade down cobalts[/QUOTE]

Jeeeeeeesus! Get your priorities straight, SD! You ****ed up the gib/revive/medic mechanics, but this is your focus?

(Szakalot) #15

didnt know torrent works in SD

(ZGToRRent) #16

Me too.

ROFL

(BomBaKlaK) #17

(Chris Mullins) #18

We have got a big update planned which is filled with a lot of content, This coming update will be another Fine Tuning where we fix bugs and look at balancing to prepare for the larger one which will be here towards the end of October (but there is also some cool stuff in it too you’ll like).

You won’t need to wait for the big update for this ^^

(Kl3ppy) #19

[QUOTE=shoe.;539177]We have got a big update planned which is filled with a lot of content, This coming update will be another Fine Tuning where we fix bugs and look at balancing to prepare for the larger one which will be here towards the end of October (but there is also some cool stuff in it too you’ll like).
[/QUOTE]

Give some Info, not the usual hyping. Maybe share some details with the Founders.

(BomBaKlaK) #20

[QUOTE=shoe.;539177]We have got a big update planned which is filled with a lot of content, This coming update will be another Fine Tuning where we fix bugs and look at balancing to prepare for the larger one which will be here towards the end of October (but there is also some cool stuff in it too you’ll like).

You won’t need to wait for the big update for this ^^[/QUOTE]

Finally some news ! Wait and see !