Priorities on 5v6, 6v7 and 7v8

(FireWorks) #1

a rage post…

all the different dirty bomb forums are full of ideas where things might need to be changed etc. most things take a good amount of production time or are just debatable. i understand why most things cant be done in the time they are asked etc.

WHAT I DONT GET:

5v6, 6v7 or 7v8 IN EVERY ****ING MATCH THAT IS AVAILABLE!!!

EVERY ****ING MATCH ONE TEAM IS A PLAYER DOWN. ITS NOT EVEN ABOUT SKILL BALANCING OR ANYTHING COMPLICATED.
ITS JUST ****ING BROKEN SERVERS THAT EVEN THE NEWEST PLAYER CAN SEE.

Its no this-might-need-a-bit-of-a-change or i-think-it-could-be-broken. its the numbers

Best thing: We already know why it happens, you just dont make this bug a priority to fix even though it affect a huge share of your games. Remember, if people get kicked or get disconnected, they remain as ghosts, REPRODUCIBLE. Is it that hard to fix? I really beg you to change this fast.

Its really not a delicate balancing issue or anything requering hard decision making with pros and cons. Please just fix this bug with highest priority.

Its just not fun to play matches where teams lack a player.

(jazevec) #2

A simple change would fix this:
Place surplus players in respawn queue.

So as long as it’s 5 vs 7, two players from the second team don’t respawn. They also don’t spawn at the match start.

1. Do something about players who leave game to open cases.

(FireWorks) #3

Again what annoys me so hard… We could do this and that taking up a lot of ressources and thought. OR WE FIX AN OBVIOUS BUG THAT WE CAN REPRODUCE A **** HUNDRED PERCENT!!!

Have someone look at the handling of players not sending a “manual disconnect”, namely the KICKED and CONNECTION LOST ones. They need to be removed from the server’s player list as well. Cant be that hard… Or just do a brute force workaround and flush the list every end of the match until you want to fix its root cause.

Please, SD.

(shibbyuk) #4

I don’t know if it’s related to ghost players, but it would be lovely if the auto-join didn’t put me in an empty server 50% of the time. That is frustrating :frowning:

(Glottis-3D) #5

it is not empty, it is 1 ghost + 1 player joined, saw its empty and left + another player joined saw its empty and left …etc etc. they all become ghosts…like in Stephen King story…or even more likey the 6th sense movie
Where all the ghosts play their game, and they do not know that they’re ghosts, and they are constantly interrupted by something that connects to the server…and it realy scares the $hit out of them. And they’re like ‘ONG a GHOST is connected, please God make it gog MAKE IT GOOO!!!’ And it goes away…damn they were so scared.
ANd finaly they realise that it was a real player, who connected, and it is them who are the ghosts. And that moment all the viewers in the cinema start crying, and make out with each other, but thats a compeletely different story.

(Szakalot) #6

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Glottis-3D again.

(Kl3ppy) #7

Stopwatch match, from the beginning on it was 6vs7, no chance to change it. SD, fix it!

(FireWorks) #8

Another morning with the same problem: I launch this **** and get frustrated

The ghosts remain on the servers over night (spooky ha?) and show as 1/N servers in the server browser. The servers get filled first by unaware players and every single match running is broken… ok I only tried 2 today.

For the EU only, you got 16 servers with matches going and another 7 with 1 “player” in the lobby in the moment of my post. 23 servers with constantly borked matches. Now factor that with the amount of players jumping through these servers. Be it only the guys on the losing team or be it the every player on the server, the count is high.
So 23 broken servers and only the 24th is “guaranteed” to bring a proper game running.

This doesnt sound like a problem worth fixing to you?

(FireWorks) #9

8 servers tried, all affected. Though one was 5v5 instead of 6v6…

(Glottis-3D) #10

*infected servers

(shibbyuk) #11

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargggghhhhhhh

I try not to complain much normally but this is just getting stupid. I have joined about 15 empty servers trying to get a decent game tonight; give up; go to server browser; badly matched; 2 mins in, get kicked out the game for a “security violation”. I give up.

(FireWorks) #12

Another day, same problem: All servers filled are bugged and have borked games a missing player.