MM Feedback

(acQu) #1

I have a little complaint again :slight_smile:

Why is there no feedback about matchmaking.

Example: i played a match and it was again 4v5 from the start. We won however, and i want to know if that even counted?

In SC2 you had ladders and you could gain ladder points (the only MM i pretty much know in depth), and there you got feedback about your progress via the ladder points you got, e.g. +XX or -YY. In DB there is nothing. No feedback for the player, just a hidden (ghost)machine. You have no clue if a match a) actually counted and got considered into your ranking and b) you have no clue how far you are from ranking up or ranking down.

The same issue is by the way also present with the loadout cards. It is totally intransparent from just the game. The game does very little to nothing to explain how it works. I rememeber the discussions so vividly back in the alpha days, where SD actually wanted to adress this problem AKA the game teaches the player how it works by giving feedback. But in those 2 major areas it pretty much lacks the promises or the ideals given in the discussions back then.

(Glottis-3D) #2

Ueah, i want to see my ELO numbers every match!!

(acQu) #3

That is not how i would suggest to solve this issue. But ok, ELO numbers are total truth i guess. However, i think it would be done with something more minor. Because of lack of ladders in DB i have no clue how to do this. In SC2 there were ladder points, and based on those you knew how far up and how far down (in short your progess). And when you got to the top of that ladder, you were sure that it is not much from there to actually rank up.

And by the simple indication about +XX or -XX points you knew that your match actually counted. Currently it is every 2nd game that someone leaves, and you have no clue how that affects your ranking.

(FireWorks) #4

TBH I perceive the lack of statistics etc as bliss. People get toxic very fast as soon as numbers are at stake.

The game just feels like fun and there is no implied pressure of selfoptimization by seeing how good and bad you are. Currently the rough rank is fine for me.

(acQu) #7

A solution which would satisfy my current complaints would be:

• for each won/lost match you get +/- points
  • when you reach a certain threshold of points (+ or -) you know you are about to rank up or rank down
  • the amount of points you get or loose per match give an indicator how strong the enemy was and how much you gained compared to the effort you put into the game

This way: you know roughly where you stand, you know how far it is up or down, you have a certain sense of evaluation and you know what you gained (e.g. a won 3v5 match? ever asked yourself how much that affected your rank).

Example: you do the placement matches, you get placed into gold 4. From there you start with 0 points. The threshold would be +/-250 points. That is it. If done correctly, you have implemented feedback to the players, which is so valuable and is a good indicator for you on where you stand, how strong the enemy was, etc.

Note: it would not be ladder points, since there would be no ladder.

(Glottis-3D) #8

What you basically saying is
gimme those ELO munbers!!!

http://www.qlranks.com/duel/player/evil

your ELO, enemy ELO, and result.

(Glottis-3D) #10

well. qlranks says exactly this.
how far did you progress after match. every match.
and why you got +5 and not +20 (coz opponent had less rank/ELO than you)

(Szakalot) #14

is this copypasted from some troll.com?

(KeMoN) #15

It happens often that the missing rank icon is displayed in the TAB window. I feel like it should either show the correct rank or be deleted completely. This way it is simply useless ‘information’.

(BomBaKlaK) #16

I like to get this infos at the end of the match., it’s like a surprise

(Mustang) #17

As BomBaKlaK eluded to, this is by design, the ranks are only revealed after the match has finished.

But I agree, they should just hide the question mark icons, they’re just taking up space needlessly.