How much do i need if actually want a cobalt card

(acQu) #1

Had this question in my mind since i woke up. Since i made some results i thought it would be nice to share to all who are interested in these numbers.

Warning: they are not really useful though :penguin:

I hade these questions specifically:

• how many lead cards do i need to get to a cobalt card
  • how much trade-up money do i need to get to a cobalt card

After some “serious” math i came up with a little calculator doing some stuff for me now. Here is some of the console output. I finished this just at the moment and am too drunk to hang on, so there might be bugs. Feel free to check these numbers.

Goal: get to 9 Cobalt cards

Traded total of 7776 cards of type LEAD: amount of trade-ups: 2592
Traded total of 2592 cards of type IRON: amount of trade-ups: 864
Traded total of 864 cards of type BRONZE: amount of trade-ups: 216
Traded total of 216 cards of type SILVER: amount of trade-ups: 54
Traded total of 54 cards of type GOLD: amount of trade-ups: 9
Total cost for Trade-Up: 2898000
Total amount of Trade-Ups performed: 3735

So if i choose 1 merc and make myself the goal to get the ONE cobalt card i want, i would need statistically 9 trys to get that cobalt card (maybe even never, or even faster if lucky, i assume there is 9 cards for each rarity for a char). That explains why i searched for 9 cobalt cards.

I also searched for 16 * 9 cobalt cards, which means i would have statistically the cobalt card i want for every character. Here is what agent smith says:

Goal: get to desired Cobalt card for every merc

Traded total of 124416 cards of type LEAD: amount of trade-ups: 41472
Traded total of 41472 cards of type IRON: amount of trade-ups: 13824
Traded total of 13824 cards of type BRONZE: amount of trade-ups: 3456
Traded total of 3456 cards of type SILVER: amount of trade-ups: 864
Traded total of 864 cards of type GOLD: amount of trade-ups: 144
Total cost for Trade-Up: 46368000
Total amount of Trade-Ups performed: 59760

And that is just for cobalt cards :). I am excited to how much i will need to actually get all the freaking cards of the game ^^

(DarkangelUK) #2

I like that they’re rare as hell, and to be perfectly honest I think they’re too common and I hope they bring out even rarer cards from there.

(Runeforce) #3

It could be kind of cool with a cobalt-like rarity level, but one you can only reach through crafting, i.e. if cards were acquired through irl money (‘tainted cards’) they can not be used for crafting those.

(_milla) #4

i purchased that packs and got all cobalts:) was it worth? i dunno.

(acQu) #5

Something struck my drunk mind yesterday. I kinda need to know how the chance is calculated actually. Damit that statistic course was too long ago …

Example: i make tradeups to cobalt cards. Lets say the cobalt cards are named A, B,C, D, E, F, G, H. If i get result A on first trade up, wouldn’t it be kind of SD to exclude A from possibilities in next trade up? So that when you got A on first trade up, you can only get B,C, D, E, F, G, H on next trade up? Anyone knows more details? I am not arguing, just trying to find out how it is actually done by SD. Well, maybe i am arguing later :smiley:

(Szakalot) #6

[QUOTE=acQu;538270]Something struck my drunk mind yesterday. I kinda need to know how the chance is calculated actually. Damit that statistic course was too long ago …

Example: i make tradeups to cobalt cards. Lets say the cobalt cards are named A, B,C, D, E, F, G, H. If i get result A on first trade up, wouldn’t it be kind of SD to exclude A from possibilities in next trade up? So that when you got A on first trade up, you can only get B,C, D, E, F, G, H on next trade up? Anyone knows more details? I am not arguing, just trying to find out how it is actually done by SD. Well, maybe i am arguing later :D[/QUOTE]

that sounds fair

(acQu) #7

Well, whatever it is, i made some simple sheets/tables to display my results.

#Bronze Card Stats

#Silver Card Stats

#Gold Card Stats

#Cobalt Card Stats

Actual statistic program follows (in some years …), cause i really want to cause an integer overflow :slight_smile: