Packet Loss

(Tcorn) #1

Hello,

I have been experiencing what I believe to be packet loss for the past year. I stopped playing the game about a year ago due to this issue. I recently started playing again, hoping it would be fixed, but alas, it has not. I am connected to the internet through wifi, as I don’t have any other choice. In game at random times, my ping will massively spike up to 200+, sometimes hundreds more. This causes me to rubberband and teleport around the map, making the game unplayable. This happens randomly, so there is no way for me to predict when it happens. It can happen multiple times in a match, or sometimes not at all. I’m hoping that someone else has had this issue, or that someone can assist me in fixing it.

(K1X455) #2

you’ll need to isolate the problem and make sure that the local network is not interfering with the game. If you’re the only one using the network, you’ll need to make sure that there are no other background applications that can contest the game for bandwidth (like AV auto-updates, p2p, open browsers with updating scripts, etc).

Further, if all else seem to be working fine, the next level of isolation is using a cabled connection.

(Tcorn) #3

Thanks for the info, I’ll look into it.