Quake Wars Windows 10 problem

(BioQuake) #1

Hi!

I’m trying to create an online account, but it keeps throwing me an unknown error.
any help is much appreciated

cheers
-Bio

(Chronicler) #2

[QUOTE=BioQuake;538079]Hi!

I’m trying to create an online account, but it keeps throwing me an unknown error.
any help is much appreciated

cheers
-Bio[/QUOTE]

Hello Bio!

1. It might be that the auth server was down the moment you tried (it goes down now and then). So have you tried different times?

2. I have heard others have had Windows 10 problems, so maybe it’s something in the software here.
    EDIT: If you go to Villa Clan forum they have a thread about Quake Wars and Windows 10 there, maybe you can learn something from it or ask there, think you might receive more help there.

And join TAW!

(BioQuake) #3

[QUOTE=Chronicler;538092]Hello Bio!

1. It might be that the auth server was down the moment you tried (it goes down now and then). So have you tried different times?

2. I have heard others have had Windows 10 problems, so maybe it’s something in the software here.
    EDIT: If you go to Villa Clan forum they have a thread about Quake Wars and Windows 10 there, maybe you can learn something from it or ask there, think you might receive more help there.

And join TAW![/QUOTE]

I tried again, and it worked!
Thanks for the help!

And about TAW, I might look into joining, if I get the chance.

Cheers.
-Bio

(Chronicler) #4

[QUOTE=BioQuake;538102]I tried again, and it worked!
Thanks for the help!

And about TAW, I might look into joining, if I get the chance.

Cheers.
-Bio[/QUOTE]

Great, you are welcome to join as a guest on our events anytime :), both our NA and EU side got events every tuesday and sunday, msg me for more info :slight_smile:

(Lighspeedkiller) #5

Hi guys,

Im just passing by and would like to add that I have been able to play QWET without any problems on my Win10…

(GUFX) #6

Hi,
i have probs with ETWQ and Win10 too.

Since I use Windows 10, I can ETQW still play in window mode. Fullscreen no longer works correctly. Although I have set 1920 * 1080 I see in Full Screen Mode only the half of the game. My grafic driver is of curse updated.
Any Idea what I can do?

(Chronicler) #7

[QUOTE=GUFX;538692]Hi,
i have probs with ETWQ and Win10 too.

Since I use Windows 10, I can ETQW still play in window mode. Fullscreen no longer works correctly. Although I have set 1920 * 1080 I see in Full Screen Mode only the half of the game. My grafic driver is of curse updated.
Any Idea what I can do?[/QUOTE]

And you are sure you aren’t using some config or have minimized it before starting or anything? I know some people have it in their configs to start the game minimized. And I myself if I play and then minimize the game then later when I start it again it’s in windowed mode. Though I’m sure you have considered these things. Sounds like a weird issue.

(edxot) #8

related to seeing only half of the game.

check your cfg and try to find a command like this:
seta r_mode “13”
the command r_mode allows you to set the display size.

if it is exactly half of the game, what you are seeing, maybe there is some setting in operating system, for multiple monitors, which might be set the wrong way.

(GUFX) #9

Thanx!
This was caused by Optimus technology. that did not work correctly. Now I have installed other driver for my grafikcard nvidea version 355.82 and enable Compatibility Mode. Now is all fine, thank you!
My Server “Berliner Ballerbude” is mostly empty but my bots keep my loyalty:-))
I do not understand why this great game has so little Ressonanz.