Merc Colors

(alphabeta) #1

Any way to make the merc / team colors more obvious or different? This may seem stupid, but there have been a more than a couple times when a red team merc has a cobalt card and looks more blue than red, making it hard to know which team they are on. :rolleyes:

(BioSnark) #2

Agree.

Also a bigger problem for people with some forms of color blindness, apparently. I’d love if the team glow color was alterable and removable for screenshots in one of the .ini files.

(fubar) #3

[QUOTE=BioSnark;538022]Agree.

Also a bigger problem for people with some forms of color blindness, apparently. I’d love if the team glow color was alterable and removable for screenshots in one of the .ini files.[/QUOTE]

ShooterUI.ini

[ShooterGame.SGUIHUDIFFObjectAlly]
m_PrimaryColor=(R=0,G=150,B=200,A=255)
m_SecondaryColour=(R=255,G=255,B=255,A=255)

[ShooterGame.SGUIHUDIFFObjectEnemy]
m_PrimaryColor=(R=255,G=000,B=000,A=255)

(BioSnark) #4

I don’t know what Secondary is but Primary alters the name tags above allies and, when you’re aiming at them, enemies. I don’t have them on defaults.

(signofzeta) #5

I have to add something about this. I have seen the merc skins and how the color is different depending on if you see an enemy or ally, for example, Sparks, as an enemy wears mostly white, while as an ally, she wears black. Nader’s shirt as an enemy is mostly light purple, while as an ally, she wears red, or some other mercs who wear tan as an enemy, but green as an ally. Another thing is, only a certain part of clothing is a different color depending if that merc is an enemy or ally, and not other parts of clothing or gear. If the shirt is not as noticeable as let’s say that belt with all those bags in it, and the only thing that changes color depending on if ally or enemy, the it is hard to tell if that merc is an ally or enemy. For example, there is this merc with a bag in front. The shirt color changes, but the bag remains the same color.

I’d like to see the colors differentiated more, just like how sports teams differentiate color between teams so the players don’t pass the ball to the wrong guy. At least in North American sports, one team wears predominately white, and the other team wears colored.

Basically saying, make lights more light, much so that the uniform colors are near white, and make darks more dark. The worst culprit is Phoenix and Vasili. The dark blues aren’t dark enough, or the light blues aren’t light enough. Also make other parts of clothing and gear more light or dark depending on the team they are on. For example, that merc whose shirt changes color, but not the bag in front. For now, the bag is always green no matter what team you are on. Make that bag light yellow or dark green, or something like that, depending on team.

I would also like to see mercs who wear light colors always on attack, and mercs who wear dark colors always on defense.

Even if the skins are more light or dark, it is still hard to differentiate ally and enemy compared to older games like Wolf ET and ETQW, for the sheer fact that you can differentiate ally from enemy based on the shape as well as the color.

Even so, with TF2, both teams have the same shapes, but are differentiated by wearing red, or blue. At least with dirty bomb, make one team wear predmoinately white, with light colored accents, and make the other team wear predominately colored, and make those colors dark.

(AssortedStuff) #6

As been requested several times before, I hope SD listens at some point.