Vsay restrictions

(acQu) #1

Restrictions are bad, especially when this is a part of the game which is most fun and one of the highest quality.

Examplesss of thos restrictions:

• when endgame screen is up
  • when you got a med pack but want to say thank you again anyway (not via auto-local)

Are there more? I just picked these obvious ones, which should be removed. No reason to restrict this stuff.

(Ashog) #2

I think the vsay restrictions have always been very stupid and utterly annoying in DB.

Remove all restrictions but tweak the antispam to max, lets say, 3 vsays within 3 seconds, then mute for 30 seconds or smth like that. ETQW’s antispam was a good example and worked fine.

(Mustang) #3

The anti-spam is silly, it should be limited to 5 per minute or something, rather than 1 per 10 seconds.

(Nail) #4

sometimes ya gotta say things twice
:penguin:

(Szakalot) #5

all of this is pointless until lag is fixed.

and it would be great if calling for ammo/medic higlighted you more to the respective mercs, regardless of your actuall ammo/hp situation.

(Rémy Cabresin) #6

Just do max 10 vsays in 5 seconds or so, gives you enough room to do the ‘needed’ multiple calls but if you do an extreme amount you get a 30 sec cooldown or smtn.

(Ashog) #7

[QUOTE=Szakalot;537990]all of this is pointless until lag is fixed.

and it would be great if calling for ammo/medic higlighted you more to the respective mercs, regardless of your actuall ammo/hp situation.[/QUOTE]

What is pointless? Lag and restrictions have nothing to do with each other.

Vsays are always important, even if not for info sharing but merely for fun. The game is dead silent enuff already, compared to ET or ETQW.

(Demolama) #8

Nothing like hitting the wrong vsay,(because you have to unlearn wolfenstein ones) and not be able to correct your mistake before_____ happens.

(light_sh4v0r) #9

+1 on the spam restrictions, they’re annoying and way too agressive. Endgame screen I don’t really think is necessary. There isn’t even a ‘Good Game’ or ‘Well Played’ vsay.

(Mustang) #10

Urrr, yes there is.

(Szakalot) #11

[QUOTE=Ashog;537997]What is pointless? Lag and restrictions have nothing to do with each other.

Vsays are always important, even if not for info sharing but merely for fun. The game is dead silent enuff already, compared to ET or ETQW.[/QUOTE]

if lag is present and restrictions removed you will have people queue up dozens of vsays going off for 30seconds, long after anything related has occurred.

I don’t want ‘v21’ x5 to make the character say his medic cry 5 times in a row, like its at the moment.

(light_sh4v0r) #12

Oh, oops :o

(eitsch0r) #13

i, too, despise the way these restrictions are implemented currently

it would be a boon to have the restrictions adapted to fit players actual needs while still maintaining a “spamfilter” (possible implementations mentioned above)

not that it wasn’t mentioned before, neither will it be mentioned the last time (propably) … but after a while the simplest possible implementation just is not good enough anymore … please adjust backlog priorities

btw, in the current game … is it currently possible to hear all simultaneous triggered vsays? i think in the past some where “cut off” under circumstances?

(Demolama) #14

I miss a fire in the hole vsay. I would use that for any explosions

(acQu) #15

Oh YES!!! I tried using that ALOT in the past. Miss alot of the other vsays at well, like class announcement …

(alphabeta) #16

Of course it’s not as important (hint, hint) when there is no friendly fire damage.

(h2o) #17

Maybe keep it in public games but delete restrictions in comp.

(AssortedStuff) #18

I’m in favour of no restrictions on vsays AS LONG AS we can mute anyone (vsay, chat, voice, etc), because some people will abuse it.

(tangoliber) #19

I vote for no restrictions!