Hello, and a few quick questions

(CCP115) #1

Hey all, I’m CCP115, and I frequent the Dirty Bomb forums quite a bit, and recently popped in to see what this place is all about.

I’m not very old, not even 20 yet, and I have been playing games for the majority of my life. Dream job would be to make games, but right now, engineering is looking good.

Also got some quick questions, would be great if I could grab an answer or 4.

1. What’s Warchest? I have a faint idea, but not really.
  2. What’s Fireteam? Something to do with online is all I know.
  3. Around about how large is Splash Damage? Fairly large? or small studio?
  4. What’s the meaning to life, the universe and everything?

(Kl3ppy) #2

Welcome :slight_smile:

42 :wink:

(Mustang) #3

If I understand the setup correctly it’s something like this:

1. Warchest is the publishing division, I think so far they’ve only published SD games, but having the game developing company (Splash Damage) and the publishing company (Warchest) separate should make life a lot easier if they want to get into publishing games from other developers at some point.

2. Fireteam provide game related services, so basically stuff that is theoretically game agnostic, like most smaller game developers don’t build their own game engine from scratch there may also be benefits to plumbing into an existing cloud based user data storage, matchmaking generator, player stats, trend analysis, etc. rather than having to code them all from scratch for every game you develop.

3. Perhaps the team working on a given project could be considered small, but they always seem to have several projects on the go, so as a studio overall I’d definitely say they’re medium sized now.

4. 54 in base 10.