Does anyone still play ETQW?

(JIM_BOB7813) #1

Are there any players left for this game? Right now I see two servers at 6/24 and 3/24 using gametracker (http://www.gametracker.com/search/etqw/?&sort=3&order=DESC).

Just wanted to know is that’s accurate or are there more?

(Chronicler) #2

[QUOTE=JIM_BOB7813;537785]Are there any players left for this game? Right now I see two servers at 6/24 and 3/24 using gametracker (http://www.gametracker.com/search/etqw/?&sort=3&order=DESC).

Just wanted to know is that’s accurate or are there more?[/QUOTE]

Well, I see you are from the UK, Villa is usually full when it’s evening your time. If you are looking in the middle of the afternoon (13-14:00ish) in a work day there won’t be many people on. Once Villa goes down BBA is usually full.

TAW EU that got 31 members have our own events tuesday, sunday and thursday 21 GMT on which you can join as a guest if you want (thursday is an extra promod event). Throw me a msg if you are interested in playing.

(The_Happy_Friar) #3

My kids and I play LAN relatively often. It’s the “go to” game for us. :slight_smile:

(CthePredatorG) #4

I play versus computer sometimes, but I don’t have any people to play it with.

(JIM_BOB7813) #5

[QUOTE=Chronicler;537804]Well, I see you are from the UK, Villa is usually full when it’s evening your time. If you are looking in the middle of the afternoon (13-14:00ish) in a work day there won’t be many people on. Once Villa goes down BBA is usually full.

TAW EU that got 31 members have our own events tuesday, sunday and thursday 21 GMT on which you can join as a guest if you want (thursday is an extra promod event). Throw me a msg if you are interested in playing.[/QUOTE]

OK thanks for the help

(Chronicler) #6

So join TAW! :wink:

(The_Happy_Friar) #7

I don’t think it was ever made public, and it’s not like you can buy the game new anymore, but if you install & setup a local LAN account you don’t need a SN/internet account. So you can put on all the computers in your house and play, or go to a LAN event install & play. I know, technically illegal, but just an FYI.

(alphabeta) #8

Still a lot of playing for a game almost a decade old! ETQW forever!

(edxot) #9

i’m back playing it. just got some old hardware working together. check out these specs, hehehe

15" crt monitor
athlon 3000 (clock at 2000)
512 MB ram DDR 400
6600GT 128MB (cant complain, could be a lot worse)
80GB HDD
headphones, omg, are beyond description

now i know how noobs feel like, hihihi

(Chronicler) #10

What are you talking about? “Don’t think it was ever made public?” And you can buy the game new lol (on Amazon).

(Loki.) #11

If that impresses you, jump on RTCW…

100’s are still playing it 24/7… :smiley:

(Chronicler) #12

[QUOTE=Loki.;538094]If that impresses you, jump on RTCW…

100’s are still playing it 24/7… :D[/QUOTE]

Free to play game though :wink:

(Loki.) #13

RTCW is free to play these days? …sweet - Best FPS/MP eveeeer! :slight_smile:

Or, are you thinking W:ET?

(Chronicler) #14

[QUOTE=Loki.;538128]RTCW is free to play these days? …sweet - Best FPS/MP eveeeer! :slight_smile:

Or, are you thinking W:ET?[/QUOTE]

I thought they both were free to play? >_>

(_milla) #15

lol i remember back in 2007 when my 7800GTX failed and I wasnt able to play at all… and now? 200euro laptop can handle this game on max settings!

btw
dirty bomb >>>>> etqw. And I love ETQW so much. But DB is way better.

(light_sh4v0r) #16

I don’t think I agree with your btw.
Both games are very different, but ETQW was a lot bigger in basically everything. The amount of maps, the amount of playstyles, the huge diversity between the teams, the features etc.
DB will not become the timesink ETQW was for me, or at least that’s what I expect. The reason I’m playing DB is simply that there is an active community. (NO I don’t want to join TAW)

(_milla) #17

taw lol i remember them. i was from vip clan. all supcoms, 100+ members and everyone lonewolf:) omg it was blast. I will never forget etqw, not possible. University fired me off study because of this game:) i failed exams, not enought credits to enter 5th year so in the end of 4th year of study i was fired because of etqw;) (medicine)

now i found myself in same condition. 4th year of study (economy) lol and iam addicted to dirty bomb. i will rather donate my pc to random homeless than be fired off school again:)

(Runeforce) #18

Kewl story, Bro. I’ll take it. :slight_smile:

(Chronicler) #19

[QUOTE=light_sh4v0r;538294]I don’t think I agree with your btw.
Both games are very different, but ETQW was a lot bigger in basically everything. The amount of maps, the amount of playstyles, the huge diversity between the teams, the features etc.
DB will not become the timesink ETQW was for me, or at least that’s what I expect. The reason I’m playing DB is simply that there is an active community. (NO I don’t want to join TAW)[/QUOTE]

Join TAW! (It also tells me my message is too short…)

(.Chris.) #20

DB is really dull, I don’t think I’ve played a decent online FPS since ET:QW, maybe I’ve just grown tired of them though.