|W10] The game randomly freezing

(S0und_) #1

I’m aware this is an absolutely meaningless post, but since i’m on W10, the game randomly hangs, til to whole thing crashes. Never experienced this before. I had this multiple times now, usually once a day.

UPDATE: the game still freezes after the newest W10 nvidia driver
UPDATE 2.: Phoenix patch, problem is still exists.

2015-10-08 r50528 - nvidia 355.98: problem is still up
2015-10-17 r80827 - nvidia 355.98: problem is still up
2015-10-17 16:00 - r80827 - nvidia 355.98: problem is still up
2015-10-17 18:09 - r80827 - nvidia 355.98: problem is still up
2015-10-17 20:49 - r80827 - nvidia 355.98: problem is still up

(S0und_) #2

r52636 - still

(S0und_) #3

bumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbump

(carebear_) #4

also got this random freezes

(riptide) #5

I also have random freezing. I recently updated to windows 10 in hopes that it would fix the issue, but no luck.

These issues did not happen when I was playing quite regularly back in March-May. However upon returning towards the end of September(shortly after phoenix update) I’ve had this issue. I’ve reinstalled the game as well. I’ve also tried about half a dozen drivers from the last year to rule that out.

I play TF2, CSGO, QL, Marvel Heroes, UT, Reflex, GTA5 and DB. No issues in anything except DB.

The whole game just stops responding and I can’t do anything on that monitor. Which means task manager isn’t accessible, so I have to reboot.

To work around that I can either;
A. Open task manager and drag it to my secondary monitor at least once on windows start up. This way it remembers its location and is accessible.
B. Play in borderless windowed mode and the game will error(stopped responding) and close on it’s own.

(AssortedStuff) #6

On windows 7, I sometimes have this.
Sometimes “alt+tab” out and back in the game solves it, sometimes it doesn’t.
Happens occasionally, not often (thank goodness)

(Szakalot) #7

[QUOTE=riptide;540093]I also have random freezing. I recently updated to windows 10 in hopes that it would fix the issue, but no luck.

These issues did not happen when I was playing quite regularly back in March-May. However upon returning towards the end of September(shortly after phoenix update) I’ve had this issue. I’ve reinstalled the game as well. I’ve also tried about half a dozen drivers from the last year to rule that out.

I play TF2, CSGO, QL, Marvel Heroes, UT, Reflex, GTA5 and DB. No issues in anything except DB.

The whole game just stops responding and I can’t do anything on that monitor. Which means task manager isn’t accessible, so I have to reboot.

To work around that I can either;
A. Open task manager and drag it to my secondary monitor at least once on windows start up. This way it remembers its location and is accessible.
B. Play in borderless windowed mode and the game will error(stopped responding) and close on it’s own.[/QUOTE]

try setting your task manager to be ‘always on top’, then minimalize. In the future opening it from ctrl+alt+del or alt+tab swapping will make it popup on that screen as well

(riptide) #8

Apparently, I should have mentioned I had it set up that way on windows 8.1 but forgot since installing windows 10.
But, I’ll add that to the list of workarounds to closing the game that should be able to close itself. I’d just like the damn problem fixed because it’s specific to Dirty Bomb.

(Szakalot) #9

[QUOTE=riptide;540114]Apparently, I should have mentioned I had it set up that way on windows 8.1 but forgot since installing windows 10.
But, I’ll add that to the list of workarounds to closing the game that should be able to close itself. I’d just like the damn problem fixed because it’s specific to Dirty Bomb.[/QUOTE]

i have these freezes since i started playing, on average once every 4-5 hours of play.

(S0und_) #10

I think i reached a new LOW, the game not even crashing now, just hangs and “stops working”. In the past - at least - it crashed itself. Also this time i went from Borderless to Fullscreen.

working process:

[UPDATE]: No worries guys, everything is fine now, we are crashing again, properly:

20min later:

(Mustang) #11

Why not post your log file?

(S0und_) #12

(Mustang) #13
[0000.33:2015.10.25-21.21.22] Log: [STEAM] - Steam user is not logged on
[0000.33:2015.10.25-21.21.22] UserPrompt: Steam must be running to play this game - LOCALIZE ME!

Looks like your Steam either wasn’t logged in or lost connection so the anti-cheat failed.

(S0und_) #14

I have a basic pinger app that a wrote couple years ago (i was fighting with my ISP back then). I tried to find some connection (phun intended) between the crashes and a possible DC. Nothing yet.

Also, i had like 3 or 4 crashes yesterday, but i had only this dump from those occasions.

(S0und_) #15

First crash today, and i’ve got exactly 0 amount of log.

(Raviolay) #16

Yep game freezes in match, at random intervals for me also its only for a second at most. I am also using windows 10, I also am using freesync and forcing crossfire as their is still no profile :frowning:

(S0und_) #17

nothing changed, keep freezing

got a freeze again, i even moved my steam folder to my system ssd, since when i installed W10, i bought a new ssd, which became my new system drive, and used my old ssd as a new home for steam. It’s not a hardware issue.

Also i didn’t got a log.

(Szakalot) #18

i get more freezes as well, I blame stoker flames. Sth is wrong with video memory that results in DB crashing.

(riptide) #19

Same, was hoping the patch helped but nope.

I would blame Stoker, but I think it’s because of Fletcher’s sudden onset of cerebral palsy.

(S0und_) #20

looks like i’m the only one with this issue, because no one else complaining.