Stuttering with advanced binds

(fishbone_) #1

Hi,

The game is feeling a bit laggy (stuttering) when I use some advanced binds. Here is an example :

Bindings=(Name=“LowFov”,Command=“FOV 65 | SetSensitivity 4.83 | Onrelease FOV 85 | onRelease SetSensitivity 6.327865”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Bindings=(Name=“MouseScrollUp”,Command=“setbind RightMouseButton LowFov”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Bindings=(Name=“MouseScrollDown”,Command=“setbind RightMouseButton altFire”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Basically, I can choose with MouseScrollUp a instant zoom (LowFov Command) with a changing Fov (From 85 to 65) with a lowered sens to have roughly the same feeling with my normal Fov. And MouseScrollDown for a standard ADS/Scope aim.
The stuttering happens when I’m using “LowFov”. Do you have the same problem ?

Thanks.

(Mustang) #2

I’ve encountered this before, IIRC it’s changing FOV on the fly that causes the stutter.

(wheelbarrow) #3

Add a 0 after the setsensitivity commands, it stutters when it writes that to config without it. You should probably add a 0 at the end of all the setbind ones too, that can do the same

(CaRe) #4

This happens with sensitivity alone already. FOV used to lag more, but it has been improved a few months ago. But FOV still creates a lag.

Can you elaborate on that?
For example, editing the bind from the first post and posting it with your changes?
I would love to have the lags removed/reduced.

(BioSnark) #5

Certain of my binds cause stutter, even though they don’t touch the ini’s. Far as I know, FoV is going to save to ini, though, and doesn’t seem to have an option not to (as in the console doesn’t say the option exists). I don’t bother using an FoV toggle in combat anymore because the stutter is sometimes a significant length.

setsensitivity [a number] [1 to save to config or 0 to not]

same is true for rebinding in other binds.

setbind [buttonname] “[a command]” [1 to save bind to config or 0 to not]

eg.

Bindings=(Name=“F4”,Command=“setbind LeftMouseButton Kill 0 | setsensitivity 5 0”)

(fishbone_) #6

[QUOTE=BioSnark;537514]Certain of my binds cause stutter, even though they don’t touch the ini’s. Far as I know, FoV is going to save to ini, though, and doesn’t seem to have an option not to (as in the console doesn’t say the option exists). I don’t bother using an FoV toggle in combat anymore because the stutter is sometimes a significant length.

setsensitivity [a number] [1 to save to config or 0 to not]

same is true for rebinding in other binds.

setbind [buttonname] “[a command]” [1 to save bind to config or 0 to not]

eg.

Bindings=(Name=“F4”,Command=“setbind LeftMouseButton Kill 0 | setsensitivity 5 0”)[/QUOTE]

Ok thank you ! I’ll try that. Did you try to put the ShooterInput.ini in Read Only, preventing the game to write in the .ini file ?
Actually, I can live with only a Fov change, the stutter is not as big on my PC, but with SetSensitivity, it’s like 0.5s lag. :confused: