Respawn Bug - Fine Tuning Update v48857 - 19/08/2015

(montheponies) #1

On whitechapel, got a strange re-spawn bug where i died and was gibbed by a nader on the stroke of respawn, the timer went back to 2s meanwhile I was in freecam mode, then respawned in a kindof dropped in way.

(Violator) #2

I’ve noticed this a couple of times as well - it actually jumped back to 5s for me one time.

EDIT this is really bad actually - it can cause you to miss an entire wave and be waiting 20 seconds for no reason (causing instant loss on Chapel just now :frowning: )

(prophett) #3

There is a bug where you can free spec/fly around the map while waiting to respawn. This actually delays your spawn. Longest I have experienced is 4 seconds of free spec (spawning in at 19s left on the timer).

//youtu.be/AKtkDG4jynk

(Szakalot) #4

happened to me too.

one bug down, two bugs up xd

(Szakalot) #5

I found pressing one of the merc selection F1/2/3s might get you spawned

(Violator) #6

Its now saying ‘press K to respawn’ as well now rather than space (I’m already dead so I shouldn’t have to /kill again :))

(DB Genome editor) #7

Got that one too, but only for very short times. Very disorienting…

(Tanzverbot) #8

As of today that problem seems to have disappeared for me. Not sure if this is connected, but there also seems to have been a delay before i was able to switch to melee after spawning. This has also disappeared now.

(montheponies) #9

aye, already posted about it - queer glitch not quite sure what the feck is happening.

http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/45807-Respawn-Bug-Fine-Tuning-Update-v48857-19-08-2015

(Szakalot) #10

for me its worse; used to go to free-fly but able to spawn immediately, now i was forced to wait like other people described.

(Mustang) #11

Yes I have this also.