Hotfix Maintenance - August 11th, 2015

(Chris Mullins) #1

Dirty Bomb will be in maintenance at 23:00 UTC on August 10th, 2015, in order to perform a hotfix update. The maintenance is expected to last 3 hours. There will be a client and server update, but there should be minimal server downtime.

When:

London (BST, UTC +1:00): 00:00 - 03:00, August 11th
Los Angeles (PDT, UTC -7:00): 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM, August 10th
Sydney (AEST, UTC +10:00): 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM, August 11th
What:

Dirty Bomb servers and client will be updated with a hotfix update to address high prority issues.
There should be minimal server downtime.
Thank you for your patience.

(BomBaKlaK) #2

only to fix Aura station exploit ? or something more ?

(Mustang) #3

Taken from Nexon forum:

Fixed an Exploit that allowed players to rapidly gain XP with Aura’s Healing Station.
Fixed an Exploit that allowed players to illegitimately warp to custom locations.
Fixed an Exploit that allowed players to alter their strafe speed.
Additional fixes for some other exploits have been applied.

Nice job guys, keep them coming!

(Phantomchan) #4

Please tell me that the abusers of this glitch got punished or whatsoever and got their levels reverted.

(Szakalot) #5

who cares? level means squat

(BomBaKlaK) #6

Nothing is fixed, you can still use the same station exploit when the EV is moving … nice fix
But who care ? everyone is playing rocket league .

(Phantomchan) #7

No, but the free currency they got by abusing it does.

(Szakalot) #8

what free currency? you mean the few cases that they’d get from otherwise just playing for a few days?

You don’t get any free currency, at best you finish a ‘total xp’ mission faster.

(Phantomchan) #9

[QUOTE=Szakalot;536746]what free currency? you mean the few cases that they’d get from otherwise just playing for a few days?

You don’t get any free currency, at best you finish a ‘total xp’ mission faster.[/QUOTE]
You do get free currency. At the end of the match you get X amount for the amount of time you have spent ingame and Y amount for their performance/score.

Considering that a normal player only gets around 14000 points or somewhat more when having a good time on pub servers, this is nothing compared to the numbers of the score these exploiters got.

http://forums.warchest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13971&d=1439115496

Knowing now that people get Y amount of money for their performance, are you still insisting they aren’t getting loads of free money by exploiting? Imagine they have been doing this multiple matches (which they did).

(Szakalot) #10

As far as I knew this is no longer the case (base fee + skill bonus): you get money for time ingame and missions/etc.

Would love for someone to clear it up?

Also, when skill bonus was in place, it constituted 20% of total $$-income, I’d be very surprised if those 700k xp players got multiple Ks of credits. In that case- by all means - ban away

(Kl3ppy) #11

[QUOTE=Szakalot;536749]As far as I knew this is no longer the case (base fee + skill bonus): you get money for time ingame and missions/etc.

Would love for someone to clear it up?

Also, when skill bonus was in place, it constituted 20% of total $$-income, I’d be very surprised if those 700k xp players got multiple Ks of credits. In that case- by all means - ban away[/QUOTE]

I think that currently only the played time + missions give you credits. The only thing the players can farm are the case drops you recieve when leveling up. I dont see a real advantage by farmin xp in DB.

(DarkangelUK) #12

All they’ll get is more whine from other players when they’re level 40 and don’t wtf they’re doing