Bugs associated with respawning

(Szakalot) #1

Here is a list of bugs that happen often/always, whenever you are respawning from limbo/incapacitation:

• sound bug, certain sounds will remain if you die while they are being played
  • sparks revive bug: being hit by revive gun will put you back in spawn, instead of revive you at the spot
  • redeye infrared bug: trying to use infrared as you are about to die will prevent you from using it at all on your next spawn
  • fletcher’s sticky bombs sometimes disappear when spawning again
  • if you try to spawn ASAP you will hear a UI-FX repeating itself 5-6 times

I think I forgot a few, so I’ll add them when people remind me.

Other bugs that used to happen at this time, but got fixed/semifixed:

• sound bug happened with all kinds of sounds, esp. gun sounds
  • redeye’s smoke affecting your view would persist over respawn

Seems like there is something majorly wrong whenever a player is being spawned again. The fact that a player can friendly-fire kill their teammates, when incapacitated, by a C4 tells me there is something very fishy about how player status is handled in limbo, etc.

(fubar) #2

Instant re-spawn upon being gibbed, regardless of spawntime.

ie: Respawning with 17 seconds left on the gamewavetimer in a SW game.

Has been around for months, has been recorded several times in cup streams. No one knows how to reproduce it really.

(Szakalot) #3

another one: when rhino dies firing the weapon, his minigun will make the spinning sound when teleporting back to spawn. Heard from 3rd person, and used as a cue to predict spawntimes in obj xd

(ZGToRRent) #4

If you die, having 2nd or 3rd merc in play on 1st map, then on 2nd map UI highlights 1st merc from squad instead of the last, however pressing deploy button will spawn you with used merc from 1st map.