Teleportation through console commands

(47__) #1

First open the console, type in getplayerlocation, then note down the coordinates.
Then type in <this command was removed by Smooth>

This works in live servers, however you cannot walk, shoot or interact with any objectives, you also cannot be seen.

You CAN use kira laser, arty strike and place bushwacker turrets.

You’re also able to bind it to get some superEZ scouting information like where they are positioned etc, this does not show up for spectators afaik.

//youtu.be/TBNivMrafyI

Original reddit post

(ZGToRRent) #2

Good job Splash Damage.

(Phantomchan) #3

Ok this takes the cake, the devs should work on fixing the huge amount of bugs (and anti-cheat) instead of pushing out new content. Stuff like this is NEVER ALLOWED TO HAPPEN.

(acQu) #4

I remember <the console command that has been removed by Smooth>. But never tried using airstrike markers with it. I thought it was just a client thing … i expect another quadrillion bytes entering my ssd for that reason AKA another update is incoming …

P.S. i remember making party with global sounds in the alpha :smiley: and teleporting everyone to some secret place :x

(Mustang) #5

Thanks for posting, this is how stuff gets fixed.

Although it was a bit silly that between this being reported and now there has been an update that didn’t disable the command, I assume that’s why this info has been spread more publicly.

Also amused me that the corresponding thread on the Nexon forum was deleted, yea covering it up is always the best policy, worked out well for Fiat Chrysler.

(DarkangelUK) #6

If it was read and noted then maybe they deleted it so others wouldn’t use the exploit until it’s patched? I don’t think they were trying to cover it up per se.

(BomBaKlaK) #7

Ouaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh ! nice find
Hope a fix come asap

(-PogS-) #8

Well good find but it is not smart to publicly post it :frowning:
Lamers win abuse it. Reporting via the support site is enough.

(47__) #9

To all the retards that said “You shouldn’t have exposed that exploit” you don’t even know why syku exposed it.

Back in the day when SD didn’t have autism and the game was actually good syku found this command line and reported it to SD/NX glad they did something about it huh?

No they just ignored it and didn’t care. Posting it was the only way to get their attention. So the people out there that think they know everything, SD had their chance and they messed up.

(Mustang) #10

This

#10chars

(Phantomchan) #11

[QUOTE=47__;536562]To all the retards that said “You shouldn’t have exposed that exploit” you don’t even know why syku exposed it.

Back in the day when SD didn’t have autism and the game was actually good syku found this command line and reported it to SD/NX glad they did something about it huh?

No they just ignored it and didn’t care. Posting it was the only way to get their attention. So the people out there that think they know everything, SD had their chance and they messed up.[/QUOTE]
So much this, couldn’t say it any better. Although Nexon is the one who really doesn’t give a ****. +rep

(Destroy666) #12

The game is still in beta stages for a good reason, so “NEVER” isn’t a good word here. But I agree that they should focus on stability - many bugs detected a long time ago are still here, many of them without any reply from any dev. And sweeping this kind of bug under the rug wasn’t/isn’t the best idea… Especially that blocking the command in-game should be fairly easy to code.

(Phantomchan) #13

It shouldn’t be allowed to happen on an open beta in any game. In a closed beta it’s way more contained etc.

(Smooth) #14

It was fixed the day it was reported to us, August 3rd.

Updates tend to be locked down a week before release so they can go through test. Any additional fixes also have a large risk of introducing new bugs.

Since it wasn’t widely known or exploited at the time we didn’t want to risk delaying/breaking the update just for this one issue.

Unfortunately we didn’t foresee people publicly posting a how-to-exploit set of instructions. Either way, it’s fixed in the next release.

(_milla) #15

placing deployables is fun:)
btw its possible to shoot mines or deployables. and players hear shooting sound. They dont see player but hear it.