DirtyCups.gg Closes Its Doors

(L3thalGho5t) #1

It is with great regret that I must announce the closure of DirtyCups’ doors. Unfortunately, the staff team no longer has the resources or time to support Dirty Bomb, especially in its current state. I’d like to thank all participants, viewers, dedicated supporters and of course our lovely past & present staff members. It was a joy creating a bundle of exciting and memorable moments with everyone. With that said, I would like to make it clear that this certainly isn’t a permanent termination. I am quite optimistic that there is still a chance for this title to succeed as an esport. However, there are clear changes that need to be made which the developers & publishers are fully aware of. My hope is that they execute these changes and we can revitalize the competitive scene. In spirit of keeping our announcements short & sweet, I’ll end it here. If anyone has any questions/concerns feel free to comment or contact me privately.
Main Announcement Link: http://dirtycups.gg/2015/08/08/the-inevitable/

All the best,
Oen

EDIT: To clarify, the Summer Open Leagues are now suspended until further notice. Should they fail to resume within the next 30 days, they will be terminated in their entirety.

Adding this edit from the Dirty Cups Page ~ Sagan on Roids edit: We will be bringing back bi-weekly tournaments soon with new management. Stay tuned for more information :slight_smile:

(BanHammer) #2

F

(Sinee) #3

Oh wow…

I didn’t realize it had got this bad. Such a shame.

(titaniumCrouton) #4

welp. If ever I had an example of me saying RIP competitive play in dirty bomb, here is the example.

(efficientCookie) #5

it used to just be aim botters and those types of hacks, but theirs been an influx of hacks that make the game completely unplayable, insta-kill guns, name changers, shotgun snipers, its terrible.

(RazielWarmonic) #6

Thanks for posting this here.

Thanks guys for the support thus far. We really appreciate it, we laughed, we cried (of laughter, thanks Pixel and your miscall on that one Terminal objective), and we recieved amazing support throughout our events. I never thought Dirtycups.gg would become as big and as fast as it did as a stupid little idea I had in my head one Friday afternoon.

I cannot say thanks enough for the amazing support we received. So thank you. You guys made it awesome.

(Cr4zy) #7

I wonder what it takes for SD to fix their ignorance?

(Maksu) #8

This is heartbreaking and incredible sad. As many of you know my support, passion, and love for both Dirty Bomb and Dirty Cups has been boundless, however it has finally come to an end. Splash Damage has sadly made too many mistakes, too quickly, without acting on any input from us, the competitive community.

I have met so many amazing people in this community, and have made some of the dearest online friends in any game I have ever played. I look forward to playing with you all in the next game in the next league :wink: .

-Lumfish

(titaniumCrouton) #9

[quote=“Maksu;62038”]This is heartbreaking and incredible sad. As many of you know my support, passion, and love for both Dirty Bomb and Dirty Cups has been boundless, however it has finally come to an end. Splash Damage has sadly made too many mistakes, too quickly, without acting on any input from us, the competitive community.

I have met so many amazing people in this community, and have made some of the dearest online friends in any game I have ever played. I look forward to playing with you all in the next game in the next league :wink: .

-Lumfish
[/quote]

Start typing in shorthand and post in reddit in caps. Based off of Phantom, they’ll listen to you then.

(Ghosthree3) #10

This is probably a good thing, it might make Nexon realise they can’t just force devs to milk the game and actually let them fix it. As well as making the devs fix it if they weren’t going to.

I’m fairly certain it’ll be back one day, hopefully a day where cheaters are few and far between.

(Sinee) #11

[quote=“Maksu;62038”]This is heartbreaking and incredible sad. As many of you know my support, passion, and love for both Dirty Bomb and Dirty Cups has been boundless, however it has finally come to an end. Splash Damage has sadly made too many mistakes, too quickly, without acting on any input from us, the competitive community.

-Lumfish
[/quote]

This is so disappointing and saddening. I know I personally was very bothered by how certain things were handled in recent patches; like Phantom. I feel like SD listened to the absolute wrong crowd instead of people who knew what they were talking about, but that’s just my opinion. But that’s just one issue. Hacking is much more important and has also become quite a big issue for comp.

I just stick to pub where the matches seem to be more fair with faaaaar less hackers, even though people try to run me out since I’m not a lower level player. “Pubstomping”… well, I’d just rather play with legit people than get rocked by hackers in comp. :confused:

(Amerika) #12

Hopefully things pick back up when the game actually gets comp features. Currently it was damn near impossible to make a large league work without something like private servers or an easy way to simply talk to your teammates about strats while on server.

Private server functionality is coming at some point and hopefully things can get started back up when that happens. Due to the lack of private servers I haven’t done much with the competitive side of this game. It just didn’t make much sense to try right now without key features like private servers.

So, due to me sitting back and just having fun with the game, I still enjoy the hell out of it despite the overall jaded mentality of the Reddit reading masses. I recommend others to do the same. Don’t take the game seriously yet. Just have fun playing. When comp features get added then get serious.

(Yak) #13

This better be a wakeup call for Nexon and Splash Damage. When your biggest competitive scene shuts down, you know you did something horribly wrong.

(D'@athi) #14

The way this game is going, probably just an EASY WAY to let Nexon write off their losses in this Splash-Damage-Adventure.

(singular) #15

http://i.imgur.com/wXWI9jQ.png

(frolicsomeCrane) #16

[quote=“singular;62051”]Snip~
[/quote]

Okay, so we’re down to half the players of when it went open beta, that’s cool. Even I lost interest in the game and I’m level 33. I don’t know what the devs did but since the melee system screw up, I honestly don’t think it’ll go well from now on.

(Fap Fap Master) #17

[quote=“frolicsomeCrane;62053”][quote=“singular;62051”]Snip~
[/quote]

Okay, so we’re down to half the players of when it went open beta, that’s cool. Even I lost interest in the game and I’m level 33. I don’t know what the devs did but since the melee system screw up, I honestly don’t think it’ll go well from now on.

[/quote]

Agreed, I’m lvl 33 too. The phantom nerf / melee system change caused this game to go downhill fast, I used to think of this as a good game that I’d recommend to my friends (Already have), but now i’m taking that back. Instead of releasing new mercs and adding a cash shop into the game, why don’t fix your current issues! Fletcher still has disappearing stickies, phantom is useless as hell, melee sensitivity change is possibly one of the worst changes done to the game, hackers are increasing in numbers and strength, there is little communication about whats planned between the community and the devs. Its just horrible.

Don’t charge money for a game that is a complete wreckage. If you are, atleast make sure the game is of decent quality.

(Lei34) #18
           ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄
      ▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌
 ▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█

▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌
▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄
▌▄▄▀▀ ▌░░░░▄███████▄
▐░░░░▐███████████▄
▐░░░░▐█████████████▄
▀▄░░░▐██████████████▄
▀▄▄████████████████▄
█▀██████▀▀▀▀█▄
▄▄▀▄▀ ▀██▀▀▀▄▄▄▀█
▄▀▀▀▀▀ ██▌
▄▀▄▀
▄▄██▀

Truly They Were an Aqua Teen Hunger Force

(singular) #19

On the main topic, this is quite sad actually.

DirtyCups was DirtyBomb’s one and only hope for its entrance into the FPS competitive scene. Even the developers were infatuated with this organization. Right now, DB literally has no competitive scene and while I honestly don’t think it brought in many people to begin with, this discontinuation will set it back quite a bit in terms of progress.

(Kroad) #20

[quote=“singular;62062”]Even the developers were infatuated with this organization.
[/quote]
they weren’t infatuated, their support was superficial as fuck

giving some prize money and tweeting about it is one thing, but there comes a point where you have to actually work on the game to make it suitable for comp